Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
Gifted with some of the best mountains and peaks, Himachal Pradesh is meant to enjoy adventure and different winter sports. During these coming winters, if you have something thrilling and adventure in your mind, then it is highly recommended to take pleasure of ice climbing and mountaineering in Himachal Pradesh. With powder snow covered hills and mountains, Himachal Pradesh truly personifies a paradise on earth that offers wonderful opportunities for individuals that are in love with ice climbing and mountaineering.
Though these two adventure sports are very risky however the guidance of an expert can make you earn some unforgettable and cherished memories for your life long. Many of you might wonder what the difference between ice climbing and mountaineering is. Let us understand this difference first. Ice climbing means an individual should climb on a steep structure cliffs, ice falls and frozen waterfalls.
Mountaineering on the other hand means climbing the highest peak of the mountain using the special equipment’s. The basic things which are must for these two activities are water purifier, whistle, first aid kid, sunglasses, knife, fire starter, compass and map.
How to reach Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is well known for its abundant hills and greenery. The exquisiteness of this state takes an individual to a new level of rejuvenation. The British Architecture, Buddhist Monasteries, and Snow Covered Mountains, this state has lot to offer. This is one reason that people get attracted to this state like a magnet. This state is easily accessible by air, road and rail.
Reach by road: The government of Himachal Pradesh has put in lot of efforts to build the roads of this state. The roads here are motor-able. Numerous economical and frequent bus services run to and from the state making it connect with different other parts of India. Some of the popular routes to Himachal Pradesh are from Haryana, Kashmir, Chandigarh and Delhi.
Reach by train: The state is very well connected with main Indian cities with an excellent network of railway lines. Though the state has gigantic mountains which are one of main cause of barrier for railway lines, yet Himachal Pradesh has satisfactory number of railway stations. Most of the districts and towns of this state are connected by buses or toy trains. The Kalka Railway Station links the state to other cities like Jodhpur, Howrah, New Delhi and Mumbai.
Few other narrow gauge stations are: Bllaspur, Mandi, Shoghi, Solan and Barog etc.
Reach by air: Himachal Pradesh has three domestic airports namely Bhuntar, Gaggal and Jubbarhati. All of these airports are connected well with Delhi, Chandigarh, Kullu, Bangalore, Mumbai, Srinagar and Shimla. These airports provide a convenient access to buses and taxis.
Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh’s best destination
Himachal Pradesh has numerous hills and mountains that offer sufficient opportunities to adventure sports like Mountaineering and Ice Climbing. Few popular destinations for these winter and adventure sports are listed below:
- Deo Tibba, Manali
- Hanuman Tibba, Manali
- Leo Pargial Peak, Kinnaur
- Dromedary Peak, Dhauldhar Range
- Riflehorn Peak, Dhauldhar Range
- Mun Peak, Dhauladhar Range
The mountainous steep peaks of Chandra Bhaga, Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar are very natural for the climbers in Himachal Pradesh. The mountain ranges here have been segmented for experts and beginners keeping in mind the safety concerns:
For novice climbers:
- Friendship peak, Pri Panjal Range
- Shitidhar Mountain, Manali
- Patalsu Peak, Manali
For expert climbers:
- Seven sisters, Manali
- Mount Ladakhi, Manali
- Mount Deo tibba
- Mount Hanuman Tibba
- Beas Kund
Himachal is certainly a home to mountain ranges which speak of beauty at best.
Ideal time to visit Himachal Pradesh for Mountaineering and Ice Climbing!
Himachal Pradesh has perfect climate all-round the year excluding some towns that experience heavy snowfall during the months of winters. Himachal Pradesh welcomes the tourists in summers than in winters but if you love adventure - Mountaineering and Ice Climbing, then the best time is winter season for you can enjoy these sports in snow covered mountains.
- From March to June – Best time to plan your visit here to beat the sun in plains. Adventure sports like hot air ballooning, camping, paragliding and trekking along with water sports is best in this season. Destinations for these sports – Khajjar, Dharmshala, Dalhousie, Kullu Manali and Shimla.
- From July to Sep: Avoid visiting in these months, since the state might experience some landslides.
- From Oct to Feb: Perfect for winter sports like ice climbing, ice skiing, heli skiing and mountaineering. Destination for these sports – Shimla, Kufri, Nadkanda, Manali, Keylong and Rohtang Pass.
How to locally commute in Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is no doubt showered with best landscape in the world. To imbibe the beauty, you must locally commute and explore the state. Few options for locally commuting are:
- Toy train
- Hire car
- Gypsy king to Sipti
Paradise for adventure lovers, this is must visit for Mountaineering and Ice Climbing.