Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
Hill stations earlier were known for their snow peaked mountains, trekking, resorts, fun adventure, exquisite view and tranquillity. But now the concept of vacation at any hill station has changed manifold. It enfolds more of fun and adventure in terms of winter sports. These sports are not just confined to trekking or skiing but it has many more to its grip like mountaineering and ice-climbing.
Ice Climbing – This is an activity in which an individual climbs different inclined ice formations. Generally it refers to protected and roped climbing of formations like frozen waterfalls, icefalls, rocks and cliffs covered with frozen ice or different water flowing bodies covered with frozen ice. For ice climbing, ice can be segmented in to main spheres – water ice and alpine ice. This ice can be tough, brittle, hard or soft depending on the weather condition.
Mountaineering – Though mountaineering is not different than ice climbing yet let us try to understand what sets them apart. Ice climbing involves climbing on ice rocks only but mountaineering involves both climbing on rocks as well as snow covered rocks. In the field of recreation, profession and sports, mountaineering is very popular. Infact, this sport is considered to be more challenging since one needs to trek on peak altitudes. But one certainly gets fulfilled once he reaches his destination. It is an activity worth making people speechless.
Adventurers love these two kinds of winter sports as it challenges their skills and capabilities while being a great way to be close to Mother Nature. They can view a wonderful sight of the snow covered mountains which is very rare. One can get away from the hustle bustle of the city and take pleasure of these winter sports and experience adrenaline rush inside the body.
Precautions while engaging in ice climbing and mountaineering
Mountaineering and ice climbing are outdoor winter sports which must be practised by adventurists who are very excited, courageous and skilful in nature. Their physique needs to be perfectly fit and fine besides they must not have any medical issues. These two winter sports are very challenging and activities of fun. There are numerous mountains which yet remain untouched as they are very dangerous. However there are many people who still make an attempt to climb these.
There are some basic tips which one needs to keep in mind before getting engaged in these two winter sports. Let us know, understand and imbibe these tips.
- Make sure that you have undergone precise mountaineering training which teaches you all basics of mountaineering for example – navigation skills, map reading, rope work, and studying the weather conditions. Book yourself with some renowned organization for this training.
- Carry the requisite mountaineering kit which has the appropriate equipment in it. Never start your expeditions without your kit.
- Invest some of your money in buying a good pair of mountaineering shoes. If you are planning to opt for mountaineering in summers then buy – stiff pair of boots while for winters buy crampon boots.
- Load some nutritious food items and water during your mountaineering trip. These foot items should be lightweight yet energetic. Many high energy bars and pre packed meals are available in the market. Use then during emergency.
- Check the weather forecast of that particular region before heading on to your mountaineering and ice climbing trip. Study the local weather and the mountaineering route deeply.
- During mountaineering one generally comes across injuries and accidents, so carry an emergency shelter. There are many shelters out there in market that are either for one/two people or cover a large group of individuals. These are must in your emergency kit.
- Last but not the least, make sure to carry your first aid kit which has basic medication and bandages, Dettol, cotton, pain killers or any ointments etc.
If you consider all these basic tips, then your mountaineering and ice climbing trip would be successful, exciting and memorable.
Equipment’s to be carried during ice climbing and mountaineering trip
Mountaineering and Ice Climbing are dangerous though it gives undefined fun and adventure too. Sports equipment manufacturing companies have designed some safety equipment’s for adventurist, which can be used during the mountaineering and ice climbing trip. Here is the list of equipment’s –
- Basic equipment – Clothes, tools and other utilities
- Special equipment – climbing boots which can give room/space to your foot while reduce the risk of frostbite. The jackets should be insulated with proper layers so that it regulates the temperature.
- Climbing tools – ropes, carabineers and crampons.
- Additional and must take equipment – gloves, ski googles and batteries. Carry batteries and cameras of high resolution which works best at high altitudes. Carrying your walkie talkie would be a good idea too. You can also buy satellite phone or a video camera. Some other equipment that can be carried are – tents, lighters, pots, Titanium burners and matches.
So carry these basic equipments, understand the precautionary tips and you are all set for your mountaineering and ice climbing trip.