Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Mumbai to Lonavala
The twin hill stations of Lonavala and Khandala are major attractions for people taking weekend getaways from Mumbai to Lonavala. The places are not only hot spots due to the beautiful sceneries and the enchanting landscapes especially during the monsoons, but also because of the heavy traffic of visitors that they receive from Mumbai and nearby areas. It is about the landscape and the history of the place that is closely related with the Maratha empire of the great Shivaji, that people get attracted to during their weekend break from Mumbai to Lonavala. The hill station of Lonavala is located along the Mumbai-Pune highway in the midst of the Shayadri hill ranges. Due to the fame that this place has, a lot of hotels and restaurants have opened up for the people coming for weekend break from Mumbai to Lonavala so that there is no problem of accommodation at Lonavala as also the variety of gourmets. Also, the distance from Mumbai to Lonavala is not very much, so that people easily arrive here for a memorable time as part of the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Lonavala.
- When things are settled and accommodation at Lonavala is fixed in, people can visit the nearby areas and tourist spots to give an addition to the weekend break from Mumbai to Lonavala.
- During the monsoons, the bushy dam, 6 kms away from Lonavala is a quite popular destination, but it is a good tourist spot for the whole year around.
- Duke’s nose is 12 kms away and is a famous landmark for trekking trips in the Khandala region with its scenic view of the surroundings.
- The various forts related with Chattrapati Shivaji, around the site of Lonavala are popular spots to see. Lohagad fort, Tikona fort, and Tung fort, are some remarkable structural monuments from yesteryears which have a rich history backing them and are located close to each other.
- In a little distance is the Koregad fort surrounded by many lakes.
- Ryewood Park is a favorite place for many honeymooners and is a perfect place for picnickers with an old Christian cemetery and a Shiva temple.
- The lakes in Lonavala hold special attraction for people who have travelled the distance from Mumbai to Lonavala and they don’t miss a chance to see the Pawna lake, Lonavala lake and Valvan lake which are also sites of picnics.
- The number of Buddhist caves with its rock-cut architecture, like Karla caves, Bhaja caves, etc are some of the marks of Buddhism that had flourished in this region for some times.
- Fishing activities in Lonavala are one of the most famous pastimes, mostly in the morning hours for most of the visitors taking a weekend break from Mumbai to Lonavala.
- Kune waterfalls with the fall height of 100 fts, is a scenic place when going from Mumbai to khandala which is a favorite picnic spot also.
- The hill station of Lonavala is reached by the tourists and visitors by traveling a distance from Mumbai to Lonavala of 110 kms along the Mumbai Pune expressway.
- From Pune, the place is at a distance of around 60 kms.
- These are easily accessed along the road by buses or private cars.
- Even, people can take the trains from Mumbai to Pune for their weekend break from Mumbai to Lonavala as every train stops at this station.
- From here, people can easily find the accommodation at Lonavala of their choice.
- These hill stations are possible to be enjoyed all throughout the year as there is no special time for taking the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Lonavala.
- But, the surrounding is quite different and exotic during the monsoons with much greenery and spread out clouds.
- Although, this is a hill station, not being at a great height, makes it less cold during the winter season.
- So the nature enthusiasts can take a trip along the distance from Mumbai to Lonavala at any time of their year, whenever they feeling like being in the lap of nature.
- Being a very famous tourist spot, the accommodation at Lonavala is not a problem, with its myriad of hotels and cottages.
- Different ranges of hotels for every traveler is found in this place starting from the economic rooms in hotels to the plush cottages with exquisitely decorated interiors and all modern amenities.
- The Rajkiran hotel, hotel Strand, Captans resort, hotel Hari, Ramakrishna hotel, etc are few of the midrange hotels that are frequently used by people for accommodation at Lonavala.
- Those who wish for a budget stay can go for the Adarsh hotel near railway station, MTDC hotels at Karla near Lonavala, Lion’s Den hotel, etc.
- The more luxurious hotels for people covering the distance from Mumbai to Lonavala for a holiday includes, Sterlings resort, Sahil resorts and spa, Laguna resort, Upper Deck, Bajaj Highland Retreat, the Dukes Retreat, Fariyas Resort Lonavala etc.
The charm of staying in the hotels of Lonavala is because of the greenery around and the beautiful location views, that is possible from most of the hotels for people who are here to enjoy their weekend getaways from Mumbai to Lonavala.
Since, Lonavala is a place for many visitors, the gourmets and recipes here are quite varied starting from the local Mumbai delicacies in the roadside stalls and dhabas to the multicuisine treats available at different hotels like Fariyas and Dukes Retreat.
The surroundings of Lonavala are enchanting enough for the visitors to make them travel the distance from Mumbai to Lonavala, again and again. Being a hill station of not a great height, the weather permits and the sceneries invite for a beautiful and memorable retreat from the hassles and busy schedules of the nearby towns and cities. In the recent years, a increased stress on the tourist potential of the place is seeing a lot of visitors who are coming exclusively for weekend break from Mumbai to Lonavala.