Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Chennai to Yercaud
Being a hill station, the weekend getaways from Chennai to Yercaud is a fine experience for the tourists. After traveling the distance from Chennai to Yercaud, people can see the beauty of this place which is situated in the Shevaroys hill range of Eastern Ghats, in Salem district of Tamil Nadu. When the travelers stay in the accommodation at Yercaud and move around the place, they can appreciate the influence of the recent history that is evident in its buildings and the cultivation. History of Yercaud doesn’t go much beyond the 18th century when migrants from Kanchipuram sought refuge in the hills from the capture of Tamil lands by Telugu kings. Gradually, the British rule in the south, brought the resources into utilization and started the cultivation of coffee, apple and pears and these farms are an immediate attention by the people taking weekend break from Chennai to Yercaud. The houses have been built in the European styles and so the accommodation at Yercaud shows this influence along with the various schools and official buildings. Since the old times, it was the cool climate of this hill station that has attracted many a visitors for the weekend break from Chennai to Yercaud.
- The Yercaud express is there for traveling 262 kms, the distance from Chennai to Yercaud by rail.
- Most of the trains from different parts of the country cross through Salem junction which is 36 kms away from Yercaud, near the Salem town.
- Weekend getaways from Chennai to Yercaud can be taken by travel through air with Trichy as the nearest airport which is 163 kms from Yercaud.
- Besides, the Coimbatore, Bangalore and Chennai international airports can be used to reach this hill station.
- Bus and taxi services can be used to travel from different cities around Yercaud, especially after reaching Salem.
- Private and government buses ply between Yercaud and nearby cities at regular intervals, thus providing easy path and transportation for the weekend break from Chennai to Yercaud.
There have been established some good hotels in the region for the benefit of accommodation at Yercaud so that people can visit different places of importance, nearby and most of these accommodations have picturesque view of the surrounding.
- The GRT Nature Trails at a height of 1500 mts, Sterling Resorts amidst the lush coffee plantations, Hotel Grand Palace at 4700 ft among the Yercaud hills, etc are some of the star hotels in the region.
- The more economic travelers can choose to stay in the budget accommodation at Yercaud like Clifton inn, Star Holidays Inc, etc.
- The Grange Resort is a perfect hill retreat for the luxury seeking visitors, which is also a thing of architectural beauty.
The picturesque pool surrounded by gardens and trees with options for boating, is the beautiful Yercaud lake and one of the places to enjoy in Yercaud as part of the trip people take by traveling the distance from Chennai to Yercaud.
- The panoramic view from the lady’s seat, a cluster of high climbing rocks, is a thing to enjoy in this hill station.
- The Killiyur waterfalls, 3 kms from Yercaud Lake, is the ideal picnic spot to visit, especially during the monsoons.
- The bear’s cave, near the Norton bungalow, is considered an abode of lord Subramanya is another beautiful piece of nature’s creation to be visited.
- The old and masterpiece, building of The Grange is something that merits a visit during the stay in the accommodation at Yercaud.
- Atop the Servarayan hills, the Servarayan temple dedicated to the god of the same name is considered quite auspicious in the region with festival held during the month of May for the god and goddess Kaveri.
- Botanical garden and the national Orchidarium inside this is the best place to see the various orchids and the Pitcher plant and Kurinji flower, besides the plethora of beautiful and rare plant species.
- The Montfort school in this region is not only a famous residential educational point, but also an architectural masterpiece with a small zoo inside the campus.
- During the weekend break from Chennai to Yercaud, the pagoda point or the pyramid point should be seen with the stone piled pyramid with the Rama temple inside it.
- The Fairholme Bungalow is a signature of the colonial development and rule which is presently a heritage hotel with lots of antique furniture and fireplaces.
- The rose garden and silk farm, near to the Lady’s Seat location is a place in the must see list for the mulberries, silkworms and silk spinning as well as the wide varieties of roses which are also sold.
- The best time to visit for weekend getaways from Chennai to Yercaud and staying in the accommodation at Yercaud is during the February to June, when the temperature here is cool and pleasant.
- The monsoon period of April to June is especially beautiful for the nature lovers with the fauna in full bloom and the large coffee and tea plantations in its budding season.
- The best means of commuting locally from one place to another in this small hill station and for visiting the nearby sights is through the auto rickshaws.
- Though, there are a lot of places for sightseeing, people can walk these distances when they have an accommodation at Yercaud.
- The small and mid segment cars are also available for hire also.
- The cuisine served in different hotels and restaurants, in Yercaud is a mix of regional south Indian food and the Italian and Sri Lankan gourmets.
- Capsicum fries are a specialty for servings along the roadside shops and can be enjoyed during the weekend break from Chennai to Yercaud.
- Various tasty preparations of pakodas, served with chilli and hot chutney are cheaply available.
With so much to enjoy in this hill station, the weekend getaways from Chennai to Yercaud is a must for people who wish to shift their attention to nature from the hectic lifestyle of the nearby metro cities. Even, this distance from Chennai to Yercaud can be covered by people who wish to travel extensively and are in Chennai for holidaying.