Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
It is named as the pride of the south. The Golden Chariot is in the truest sense is a representation of the exotic temples and monuments of the Karnataka and a trip along the Golden Chariot route on this train gives the glimpses of the pride of Indian architectural excellence. With a trip that is provided with the Golden Chariot booking, people get to travel in the train for 7 nights and 8 days.
• With a Golden Chariot tariff that is quite affordable and in fact worthy of the beautiful places that people visit, the train has cabins which are reminiscent of the comfort living of the maharajas of the south.
• Decked with covers and designs which resemble the art and artistry of the palaces, the 26 twin beds, the 17 double bed cabins and 1 cabin for the physically challenged, are all air conditioned and equipped with modern facilities of television, wi-fi, writing desk, wardrobe, personal bathrooms and other modern amenities for the people during the Golden Chariot tour.
• Besides the living quarters, people, during the Golden Chariot route and indulge in tasty cuisines in Nala and Ruchi restaurants and variety of drinks in Madira, the lounge bar.
• Besides these, the Golden Chariot tariff also allows people to avail the conference hall for any deals and meetings and the gym for relaxing.
• The Golden Chariot tariff that has been fixed for the Golden Chariot route is slated into two periods from April 2010 to march 2011 and from April 2011 to march 2012.
• Again, these rates for the Golden Chariot tour differs for Indian and international travelers.
• For single occupancy, per night for Indian travelers is 171100 INR and for 7 nights is 119700 INR, for double occupancy, the charges for Golden Chariot booking is 12350 INR for one night and 86450 INR for 7 nights while for triple occupancy from the period of April 2010 to march 2011 is 10050 per night and 70350 INR for 7 nights.
• For the same period in the Golden Chariot tour, single, double and triple occupancy would be charged as 590, 425, 345 US dollars for one night and 4130, 2975, 2415 USD for 7 nights respectively.
• The rate of Golden Chariot tariff varies for the next slot from April 2011 to march 2012 and is 20000, 15000, 12000 INR for one night and 140000, 105000, 84000 INR for 7 nights for single, double, and triple occupancy respectively.
• The costs of traveling in the Golden Chariot tour for international travelers in the same time period are 685, 495 USD for one night and 4795 and 3465 USD for 7 nights per person for single and double occupancy respectively.
• Half rates shall be charged for children between 5 and 11 years. 10% surcharge shall be levied on departures during Christmas/new year.
• And service tax @ 2.58% shall be levied on the prevalent Golden Chariot tariff as per govt of India norms.
• Tariff includes accommodation, meals, and sightseeing tours, entrance fees for monuments, parks, palaces and cultural programs.
• On the other hand, the Golden Chariot booking doesn’t include drinks, laundry, phone calls, spa, liquour and other items which are personal.
• Those people who are planning for the Golden Chariot ride have to pay the 20% of ticket value at the time of booking confirmation and remaining 80% of the ticket value within 30 days of departure.
• Any cancellations done within 60 days of departure shall be charged 5% of the total Golden Chariot tariff and if done 14 days prior to departure shall have a charge of 100% of the ticket.
• In case of no shows, half way cancellation, etc, no refund is allowed.
The Golden Chariot booking can be done by visiting the official site of www.thegoldenchariot.co.in/ where payments can be done by Visa, mastercard, and American express credit cards. People would be required to fill in the credit card authorization form and send it by fax at the number +91-11-23348003 along with the photocopy of driver license or passport of the credit card holder.
• During the 7 nights and 8 days of the Golden Chariot tour, the train takes the people into beautiful lands across Karnataka and many places of historical importance.
• The journey in the Golden Chariot starts on Monday from Yeshwantpur railway station after a high tea and visit to exhibition gallery to Mysore.
• The 2nd day visit is to places like Kabini and Bandipur national parks and also visits to Ooty.
• After staying overnight in a specified hotel, the 3rd day involves a sightseeing of the beautiful parks and palaces of Mysore and Srirangapatna.
• Then the trip to Hassan, leads the Golden Chariot route to Belur and Halebid and the architectural experience of Shravanabelagola.
• On the 5th day, the Golden Chariot passes into Hospet where the magnificent sights of Hampi is seen which was the seat of the famous Vijayanagara empire.
• The picturesque Badami and the chiseled temples of Pattadakal are seen on the sixth day and finally departing to the beautiful beaches of Goa on the 7th day.
• After visiting the different architectural monuments of Goa and the golden beaches, the trip ends on the 8th day, the Golden Chariot reaches Yeshwantpur railway station of Bangalore at 11 am, culminating a journey that is too enthralling to be describable.
With such a journey that takes people in the Golden Chariot booking to different architectural brilliance of the various places of maharajas, the travel feels fresh. Even though the Golden Chariot tour is so long, people feel all the more rejuvenated by the comforts of the sights in the Golden Chariot route and the Golden Chariot tariff is completely worthy of this all.