Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Pilgrimage Tours India
- Destination Wise
- East India Pilgrimage
- North India Pilgrimage
- South India Pilgrimage
- West India Pilgrimage
- Religion Wise
- Buddhist Pilgrimage Tours
- Christian Pilgrimage Tours
- Hindu Pilgrimage Tours
- Jain Pilgrimage Tours
- Muslim Pilgrimage Tours
- Sikh Pilgrimage Tours
- Spiritual Pilgrimage Tours
- Temples Wise
- East India Temples And Religious Monuments
- North India Temples And Religious Monuments
- South India Temples And Religious Monuments
- West India Religious Temples And Monuments
- Yatra Wise
Varanasi Pilgrimage Tours
Varanasi Temple History: Varanasi one of the most ancient cities in the world rises from the high northern bank of the holy river Ganga. According to Varanasi temple history, it is an important place of worship for Hindu? and is the reason for so many Varanasi Temple. Historians believe that the city was founded ten centuries before the birth of Christ. As per the Varanasi temple history the location of Holy city of Varanasi between two tributaries of the Ganges- Varuna to the north and Asi to the south gives this city its name. Varanasi Temple History can be found in ancient scriptures like ?amana Purana' and 'Mahabharata'.
Varanasi Pilgrimage Tours, Trusts and Festivities: Devotees who come for Varanasi Pilgrimage Tours take a holy dip in the water of the Ganges, and visit various Varanasi Temple. Famous Varanasi Temple? on Varanasi Temple Map are:
1. Vishwanath Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This Varanasi Temple is the most sacred on the Varanasi Temple Map. Foreigners are not allowed inside the temple.
2. Durga Temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga. The beauty of this Varanasi Temple makes it a must visit on the Varanasi Temple Map.
3. Bharat Mata Temple built in Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth was inaugurated by the father of nation Mahatma Gandhi in 1936. The temple has a marble statue of Mother India.
4. Various Ghats along side the Ganges are the most important center of activities and a usual Varanasi morning starts here.
5. Tulsi Manas Temple is dedicated to Lord Rama according to the Varanasi temple map.
Kartik Purnima celebrated in the month of November and Mahashivratri are important festivals celebrated with great fanfare in Varanasi.
The Varanasi temple trust looks after the development and upkeep of the shrine. The comfort of the pilgrims is one of their top priority. Mahashivratri is one of the grand festival of Varanasi.
How To Reach:
Varanasi Tourism can rightly call this city the cultural capital of India. Commonly known as Banaras and Kashi this holy city is located in the Indian State of Uttar Pradesh. Varanasi Tourism suggests best time to visit is September to April. The narrow by lanes are best explored on foot.
Air: Varanasi is well connected and is accessible to major Indian cities in India. Babatpur airport 22 kilometers from the city is the nearest.
Rail: Varanasi is well connected. There are two railway stations in Varanasi, the Kashi Junction and the Varanasi Junction. Various trains have good connectivity to Varanasi.
Road: Varanasi has a good network of roads. UPSTC buses, private taxis, Varanasi Pilgrimage Tours buses can be hired.
Sarnath about 10 kilometers from Varanasi is a famous Buddhist pilgrimage site.
Ramnagar fort 14 kilometers from Varanasi is the residence of Maharaja of Kashi.
Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary 70 kilometers from Varanasi is a must visit while as per Varanasi Tourism.
In Varanasi Tourism there are various Ashrams and hotels:
Mata Anandmai Ashram
Varanasi Pilgrimage Tours Information Centre:
Tourist Office Government of India,
Varanasi Phone: 0542-2343744
Tourist Information Centre
Railway Station Cantonment,
Varanasi Phone: 0542-2346370