Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse India Festival Tours
Kumbh Mela Tour
In india perhaps, no other festival is so deeply rooted in the mythology and history as is the kumbh mela history and the mass scale in which the people have their belief in the kumbh mela in india is a clear testimony of the influence of history in various rituals in the country. People from all across india horde along the banks of 4 rivers in 4 different cities to celebrate the kumbh mela once every 3 years. Kumbh mela nasik india is one of these locations which has seen a large turnout of people to take part in the kumbh mela celebrations as lakhs of devotees take up the kumbh mela tour with great reverence and fervor.
History And Significance :
- The kumbh mela history is something that is having a mention in every sacred hindu scripture which goes on to show that the kumbh mela tour is one of the most auspicious occasions in hindu mythology.
- It was for the search of the immortal nectar that the gods and demons came together for taking part in the samudra manthan by which the nectar of life would be received.
- When the nectar in a kumbh or pot came out, there was a fight among the gods and demons to have a drop of this nectar.
- At this point, garuda the carrier of lord Vishnu took away the pot, spilling 4 drops of the nectar at 4 places of prayag near allahbad, haridwar in state of Uttaranchal, Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh and nasik in Maharashtra.
- Since then, the kumbh mela in india has been held by rotation during the no moon days of amavasya.
- The time of kumbh mela in india is considered to be very auspicious and is therefore used by people to take a dip in the sacred rivers so as to wash away the sins.
- As it is, nashik is a famous place for the large number of temples that could be found in the city and the surroundings.
- With the sacred river of godavari originating and flowing along the city, this place is one of the best locations to visit for the kumbh mela tour and very rightly is one of the sacred places for the kumbh mela in India.
Date And Season :
- Kumbh mela in India is generally held once every 3 years at four different locations so that kumbh mela nashik India would be repeated after a gap of 12 years.
- The kumbh mela celebrations in nashik is held usually during the month of august along the river godavari at the place called trimbakeshwar which is a famous pilgrim centre of lord shiva and located 38 kms from nashik.
Regional Significance :
- Throughout India, the kumbh mela history is considered quite auspicious and the ritual bath during the kumbh mela in India is done to wash away sins and attain salvation.
- The kumbh mela nashik India includes a dip in the godavari river at a particular time and particular date as per the scriptures and planetary positions in the specified year.
- The ritual bath during the kumbh mela tour at a predetermined time and date is the path to salvation is what so many devotees believe and therefore take part in the kumbh mela celebrations.
- Kumbh mela in India is also held in four other locations, each being celebrated with the same devotion and gaiety.
Being one of the most sacred of the events, the kumbh mela nashik India is an occasion for the best of the vegetarian food items. There are a lot of devotees and sadhus who visit the place for the kumbh mela celebrations and this involves the stay for a number of days, sometimes for 10 days. During this period, various hotels and restaurants prepare the vegetarian foods and sweets for the devotees on kumbh mela tour.
Activities And Rituals :
- The primary activity during the kumbh mela in India is the holy dip in the sacred rivers that flow by the side of the location of kumbh mela history.
- Besides the holy bath at the auspicious time, the devotees on kumbh mela tour offer prayers and sit down in meditations.
- There are sermons and prayer chantings in different tents and set ups.
- The whole atmosphere is of a religious sentiment that is enjoyed by the lakhs of devotees who descend on the holy soil during kumbh mela nashik India.
- This particular kumbh mela in India is held when the planets Jupiter and sun are in the position of leo which gives the name sinhastha kumbh mela and this is entirely in accordance to the calculations made during the kumbh mela history.
Tour Providers :
- Since kumbh mela in India is held at four different places once in 3 years, the kumbh mela tour packages are also provided during these periods.
- But tourists can at least visit the sacred places without the kumbh mela in progress.
- Pilgrimage India has a number of kumbh mela tour plans for the devotees to take up during the particular year where facilities of accommodations are adequately provided with continuous participation in various religious activities.
- Savion travel services pvt ltd is a major provider of the kumbh mela tour for the interested devotees and this provision also extends to the other cities besides the kumbh mela nashik India.
- The visit to nashik as well as many other places in maharahtra is organized by the Damask Rose tours where the kumbh mela history is seen as well as many other sight seeing places are visited.
- Lawrence travels is a very well known name in the kumbh mela tour package providers for the luxury train travel packages it provides to various destinations in India.
The auspiciousness of the kumbh mela in India is clearly reflected in the large number of people that turns up for the kumbh mela tour. Lakhs of devotees visit the kumbh mela nashik India to pray to the gods and take a dip in the godavari river and so strong is the belief of people that many have gone to all the locations of the kumbh mela in India. The kumbh mela history is full of legendary anecdotes which show the religious sentiments of the people. And very aptly, the kumbh mela tour is being provided by many travelers so that the interested tourists can take part in the kumbh mela celebrations in whichever location they want.