Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Matheran is a small town located in Raigad district of Maharashtra in India. Matheran is famous for the captivating view of the ridges and sheer beauty of the eco sensitive forests that surround this smallest hill station in India and makes it an important tourist destination. The scenic beauty of this town and the Matheran weather makes it a must visit summer and weekend retreat. Matheran hotels and Matheran resorts offer beautiful view of the varied flora and fauna of the region. Matheran tourism offers some wonderful treks for trekking enthusiasts.
Geographical Location And Weather
Matheran is a small hill station around 100 kilometers from Mumbai and located in Raigad District of Maharashtra in India at an altitude of 800 meters. Matheran is an Eco Sensitive region and no vehicles are allowed here. Moderate Matheran weather during summers and the diverse flora and fauna is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over India. Matheran hotels and Matheran resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Matheran Sightseeing.
Matheran weather is best all through year. During winters Matheran weather between December to February the weather is slightly cool at around 16 Degree Centigrade. Matheran tourism suggests September to June as the best time to visit for Matheran sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• Neral which is about 20 Kilometers away from Matheran is the nearest railhead well connected with major cities in the North.
• Matheran is well connected by road with major cities around it. Hand Driven Rickshaws for Matheran Sightseeing can also be hired. Vehicles are not allowed in Matheran.
• Mumbai 100 kilometers from Matheran is the nearest airport.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Matheran:
Matheran is one of the very few hill stations that do not have the honking of vehicles to disrupt the pleasant and pristine atmosphere and surroundings. Matheran has many beautiful Natural wonders for tourists who come for Matheran Sightseeing.
The Main Places Of Interest While Matheran Sightseeing Is:
• Panorama Point is a beautiful location providing a dream view of the wonderful surroundings.
• Echo Point as the name suggests produces an echo of your voice and panoramic view makes it a must visit destination.
• Charlotte Lake is the centre of attraction during monsoon and most tourists enjoy the view or boat in the lake.
Louisa Point, Alexander Point, Honeymoon Hill etc are other places to visit while Matheran Sightseeing.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Matheran Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Hotel Gujarat Bhavan has a Gujarati Thali and offer unlimited meals.
2. Hotel regal is famous for good food with excellent view.
3. Diwadkar’s Restaurant has good vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Matheran Hotels-
1. Lord’s Central
2. Hotel Horseland
3. Hotel Panorama
Budget Matheran Hotels-
1. Hotel Meghdoot
2. Krishna Villa Hotel
3. Hotel Preeti
Names Of Matheran Resorts
1. Byke Resorts
2. Maldoonga resort