Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Lonavala is a small town located in Pune district of Maharashtra in India. Lonavala is famous for the captivating beauty during Monsoon and because of sheer beauty that nature has bestowed to make it an important tourist destination in India.The scenic beauty of this town and the Lonavala weather makes it a must visit summer retreat. Lonavala hotels and Lonavala resorts offer a relaxing holiday experience. Lonavala tourism is usually booming throughout the year with most Mumbaikar’s and people from nearby cities rushing to this preferred weekend getaway.
Geographical location And Weather
Lonavala is a located in Pune district of Maharashtra in India around 64 kilometers from Pune and is located at an altitude of 622 meters. Moderate Lonavala weather during summers and beautiful monsoon scenery is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over India, especially from Maharashtra.Lonavala hotels and Lonavala resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Lonavala Sightseeing.
Lonavala weather is moderate with warm summers. During winters Lonavala weather is pleasant with minimum temperature of 12 degree centigrade. Lonavala tourism suggests except May all months are ideal for Lonavala sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• Lonavala Railway station is between the Mumbai-Pune Railway lines. Lonavala is well connected with major cities.
• Lonavala is midway to Mumbai-Pune expressway. Luxury Buses from Mumbai and Pune have daily services on this route.
• Pune 62 kilometers from Lonavala is the nearest airport.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Lonavala:
Lonavala has many Dams, lakes and Gardens for tourists who come for Lonavala Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Lonavala Sightseeing Is:
• Rajmachi Point is a spot overlooking the valley and Shivaji’s fort.
• Ryewood Park and Shivaji Udyan is a beautiful garden with a Temple of lord Shiva.
• Valvan Dam with a garden at its foot is popular amongst locals and tourist with breathtaking scenery around it.
Bushy Dam, Lion’s point, shooting point etc are various other locations worth visiting.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Lonavala Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Kamat’s Restaurant offers a wide variety of good food.
2. Purohil Dining Hall is famous for good Gujarati food.
3. Ramakrishna Hotel has good Chinese and Indian cuisine.
Lonavala is also famous for Peanut Brittle or ‘Chikki ‘ in local language and various shops selling a variety of this sweet toffee can be found in Lonavala with exotic flavors and quality.Jam’s,Syrups Jelly are various other items locally manufactured with fresh produce from the region and most people visiting Lonavala do buy these items as eatable souvenirs.Lonavala tourism has given a boost to the hotels and resorts operational in the area.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Lonavala Hotels-
1. Hotel Fariyas
2. Hotel Chandralok
3. Rainbow Retreat
Budget Lonavala Hotels-
1. Hotel Dreamland
2. Hotel Lion’s Den
3. Hotel Star Regency
Names Of Lonavala Resorts
1. Lagoona Resort
2. Upper Deck resort