Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Virajpet is the second largest town of Kodagu district in the Indian state of Karnataka. Virajpet is known for its natural beauty and lush greenery because of coffee and spice plantations. It is also the largest producer of honey in Asia. Virajpet is around 30 km away from Madikeri. The scenic beauty of this town and the Virajpet weather makes it a paradise on earth. Virajpet hotels and Virajpet resorts provide an affordable and relaxed vacation experience.
Virajpet Tourism Location and Virajpet Weather
Virajpet has a very moderate and pleasant climate all year round. The natural beauty and Virajpet weather along with affordable Virajpet hotels and Virajpet Resorts make it a must visit destination for Virajpet Sightseeing.
Virajpet weather is pleasant throughout the year. September to March is the best time to visit Virajpet. Festival season in Virajpet is between June and mid-December. Virajpet tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps changing throughout the summer, Monsoon, autumn or winter and thus all months are a good time to visit for Virajpet Sightseeing. A lot of tourists drift for Virajpet tourism due to the scenic beauty and the lovely weather conditions.
Means of Transportation
- ·Virajpet is well connected by roadways with all major cities in Karnataka through Bangalore - Mysore road NH 17. Private Taxis or Virajpet Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·The nearest airport is Mangalore International Airport which is around 180 km. Bangalore International Airport and Kozhikode Airport are 230 km from Coorg.
- ·Nearest railway station is Mysore about 100 kilometers away.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Virajpet:
Virajpet has many water falls and places of worship for tourists who come for Virajpet Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Virajpet Sightseeing Is:
- ·St Anne's Church was built in the year 1792 in European and Gothic styles. It is surrounded by vast paddy fields on one side and the majestic Malethirke Hill in the background.
- ·Clock Tower is nearly a century old structure that was built to commemorate King George V's visit to India by Mukkatira Aiyyappa. It stands in the heart of the town and serves as a perfect reference point for getting around.
- ·Perambady Lake is towards Perambady in Kerala. Tourist visit the lake as the surroundings are amazing with trees and hills.
- ·Thadiyendamol at 5,730 feet is the highest peak in Coorg and lures trekkers with the promise of a glimpse of the coastline on a clear day. The trek through thick rain forest and scenic terrain is a must do activity if you have time and love for trekking.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Virajpet Hotels and restaurants offer famous Coorg Cuisine and Non Vegetarian dishes like Pork Curry & Kadubittu (Rice Steamed Dumplings), Chicken Curry & Akki Rotti (Rice Roti) etc.
Virajpet resorts and hotels of Your Choice
Luxury Virajpet hotels-
1KSTDC Mayura Valley View, Madikeri
2Coffee Valley Club
Budget Virajpet hotels-
1. Bethri Riverside Holiday
Names of Virajpet Resorts
1. Magnolia Resort
Under special circumstances the two hospitals available in the area are Jedi Speciality Hospital Pvt. Ltd., Atherya Hospital. The banks located in the area are Karnataka Bank Ltd, HDFC Bank Ltd, Synicate Bank, Canara Bank. The tourism Office located in the area are Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala,
Park View, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - 695 033
Phone: +91-471-2321132 Fax: +91-471-2322279.