Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Valparai is a small hill station and Municipality in Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu, India. Valparai is famous for the captivating view and sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on it. The scenic beauty of this town and the Valparai Weather makes it a must visit summer retreat and a weekend getaway. The major portions of the land in Valparai is owned by private tea companies, however large forest areas still continue to be out of bounds and have diverse flora and fauna. The Government of Tamil Nadu in collaboration with ITDC initiated Valparai Tourism promotion through development of Valparai Resorts and Amusement parks to attract tourists for Valparai Sightseeing.
Valparai Tourism Location and Valparai Weather
Valparai is a small hill station and Municipality in Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu, India. Located 3,500 feet above sea level on the Anaimalai Hills range of the Western Ghats the hill station is about 95 kilometers from Coimbatore and 55 kilometers from Pollachi. The route to Valparai has 40 hairpin bends which make the ride exciting and breathtaking. Valparai hotels and Valparai resorts provide an excellent view and holiday experience to tourists who come for Valparai Sightseeing and relaxing.
Valparai weather is best in the summers and winters. During winters Valparai weather has an average temperature of around 16 Degree Centigrade. Valparai tourism suggests September to May as the best time to visit for Valparai sightseeing.
Means of Transportation
- ·Pune Railway station is about 100 Kilometers away from Valparai is the nearest railway station.
- ·Valparai is well connected to nearby cities. Valparai Tourism buses or Luxury Buses from Pune have daily services on this route.
- ·Pune 100 kilometers from Valparai is the nearest airport.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Valparai:
Valparai has many Peaks, Waterfalls, and Temples etc. for tourists who come for Valparai Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Valparai Sightseeing Is:
- ·Sydney Point is situated on a small hillock facing the Krishna Valley, a great point to view the glittering waters of Dhom Dam.
- ·Table Land is situated at a height of around 60 meters and is a large expanse of laterite rock where some spacious caves can be seen.
- ·Devil's Kitchen is situated to the south of tableland and is a place of mythological interest as it is believed that the Pandavas stayed here and used this place to cook their food.
- ·Dhom Dam is a great place for water sports where one can enjoy Scooter boats and Speed boats. There are lovely Valparai Resorts located near the scenic beauty this region.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Valparai Hotels and a number of cafes offer a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1Rustom? Strawberry Inn offers a wide variety of good food and specializes in Non-Vegetarian items.
2Rain Forest Restaurant is famous for good food.
3Hilltop Ice Cream is an ice cream parlor with great view.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Valparai hotels-
1Hotel Millennium Park
2Hotel Comfort Inn
Budget Valparai hotels-
3Hotel Sunny International
Names of Valparai Resorts
1. Valparai Health Resort
2. Blue Country Resort
State Bank of India is one of the bank placed in this area. Primary Healthcare Valparai, Govt. Hospital are some of the hospitals near the area.