Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Udagamandalam or Udagamandalam as it is called today is the district capital of the Niligiri’s district in Tamil Nadu. The region is famous for the Nilgiri Mountains, dense forest and lush green tea estates which add to the sheer beauty of the region. The scenic beauty of this town and the Udagamandalam weather makes it a paradise on earth and Udagamandalam Hotels and Udagamandalam Resorts provide a relaxed vacation experience. The charming Kurunji flowers which blossom every 12 years are an attraction.
Geographical Location and Weather
Udagamandalam is the district capital of the Niligiri’s district in Tamil Nadu. Located at an altitude of about 2286 meters, the scenic natural beauty and Udagamandalam Weather is the reason it is the major hill station in Tamilnadu. Udagamandalam attracts many tourists and they enjoy the nature and beauty of Udagamandalam through hassle free services of Udagamandalam hotels and Udagamandalam Resorts which provide an excellent hospitality to tourists who come for Udagamandalam Sightseeing.
Udagamandalam weather is pleasant throughout the year. During summers (March to May) Udagamandalam has an average temperature in the range 15°C to 20°C. During winters Udagamandalam weather ranges 4-15 degree centigrade. Udagamandalam tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps and tourists are well come throughout the year for Udagamandalam sightseeing.
Means of Transportation
- ·Udagamandalam is well connected by road and is approximately 535 km from Chennai, 89 km from Coimbatore, 18 km from Coonoor
- · Private Taxis or Udagamandalam Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·Nearest broad gauge railway head is Mettupalayam 46 kms from Udagamandalam. Major broad gauge railway junction is Coimbatore. Mettupalayam to Udagamandalam is connected by a Mountain Railway which is breathtaking 4 hours journey through lush forest and dense vegetation.
- ·Nearest Airport is Coimbatore which is 100 Kilometers from Udagamandalam and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Udagamandalam:
Udagamandalam has many beautiful gardens and places of worship for tourists who come for Udagamandalam Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Udagamandalam Sightseeing Is:
- ·Doddabetta the highest peak in Nilgiri’s is very beautiful and has a mesmerizing feel to it.
- ·National Park has innumerable beautiful and perennial little streams, which fall into Bhavani Puzha and the view is simply amazing.
- ·Mukkurthi Peak is a great place to get a panoramic view of the beautiful Udagamandalam.
- ·Mini Garden is a famous picnic spot which has a children’s amusement park and various eateries.
- ·Government Botanical Garden is a beautiful and well maintained garden by Udagamandalam Tourism and Tamilnadu Horticulture department home to diverse range of trees, flowers etc.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Udagamandalam is a tourist hub throughout the year and thus Udagamandalam Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants and few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Tandoori Mahal as the name suggests offers a wide variety of good Mughlai food.
2. Wang’s Kitchen has excellent Chinese food.
3. Sidewalk Café is a popular fast food joint.
4. Sullivan Court Hotel has a buffet lunch every Sunday which affordable.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Udagamandalam hotels-
2. Hotel Taj Garden retreat
Budget Udagamandalam hotels-
1Hotel The Willow Hill
2Hotel Lake View
Names of Udagamandalam Resorts
1. Kurumba Village Resort
The tourism office at Thiru N Prabhakaron
GM(Finance) & Company Secretary
Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation Ltd
‘Tamil Nadu Tourism Complex’
Phone: 2536 7850
Fax: 2538 2772