Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Sringeri is a hill town and taluk headquarters located in Chikkamagaluru district in the Indian state of Karnataka. Sringeri is the site where the first maţha was established by Adi Shankaracharya a Hindu theologian and exponent of the Advaita Vedanta philosophy, in the 8th century C.E. The Matha is located on the banks of the river Tunga. The scenic beauty of this temple town and the Sringeri weather makes it a preferred tourist destination which can be best enjoyed with the hassle free services of Sringeri hotels and Sringeri resorts for a relaxed vacation and soul searching experience.
Sringeri Tourism Location and Sringeri Weather
Located in the south-western part of Karnataka, Sringeri is a region of heavy rainfall and is a scenic coffee growing town. Sringeri is an exciting tourist hotspot with sprawling coffee plantations, winding mountain trails and temples. Sringeri hotels and Sringeri resorts provide an excellent view and experience to tourists who come for Sringeri Sightseeing. Sringeri weather is one of the reasons for people to come down to this place.
Sringeri weather is usually pleasant throughout the year with average temperature is in the range 14?C to 30?C and thus Sringeri tourism suggests October to March as the best months to visit for Sringeri sightseeing.
Means of Transportation:
- ·Sringeri is well connected by road with Bangalore, Chikkamagaluru, and Udupi etc.
- · Private Taxis or buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·Nearest railway station is Udupi.
- ·Nearest Airport is Mangalore 110 Kilometers from Sringeri.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Sringeri:
Sringeri is home to a number of historic temples and Mathas for tourists who come for Sringeri Sightseeing.
The Main Places Of Interest While Sringeri Sightseeing Is:
- ·Sharadamba temple is dedicated to the Goddess of learning and wisdom. After an unexpected fire damaged the structure the current structure was built in the traditional south Indian style of temple architecture.
- ·The Vidyashankara temple was built around 1357-58 C.E. by Vidyaranya. The temple has a number of sculptures from Hindu, Buddhist and Jain mythologies and the temple architecture is also an exhibition of the astronomical expertise of medieval south Indian temple builders.
- ·The matha at Sringeri is known as Sringeri Sharada Peetham is one of the four Hindu Advaita math's established by Adi Shankaracharya. Usually the Sringeri resorts are based in the arms of nature for people to enjoy the scenic beauty.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Sringeri Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine and Salpicon, The Burger Shop, Athithi Hotel and restaurant are good places for food.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Sringeri has guest houses run by the temple administration. Private Hotels are:
Luxury Sringeri hotels-
1Hotel Gateway, Chikkamagaluru
Budget Sringeri hotels-
1Hotel Pallavi Lodge
Names of Sringeri resorts
1. Silent Valley Resort, Chikkamagaluru
The hospital near Sringeri is Sharada Dhanvanthari Charitable Hospital, some of the banks in the area are Bank Of India, Canara Bank, Karnataka Bank etc.