Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Nandi Hills or Nandidurg is an ancient hill fortress located in the Chikballapur district of Karnataka state in India. The hills are at 1,479 meter above sea level. The hill resembles the shape of a sleeping bull and is thus called ?andi Legend says that the during the Chola period the Hills were called Ananda Giri meaning ?he Hill of Happinessand it is also believed that Yoga Nandeeshwara performed penance here. A temple of Yoga Nandeeshwara is situated on top of the hill. The region has deep valleys, Mountain vegetation and lush greenery making this place a must visit tourist destination and also for Nandi Hills weather which can be best enjoyed with the modern facilities provided by Nandi Hills hotels and Nandi Hills resorts.
Nandi Hills Tourism Location and Nandi Hills Weather
Nandi Hills are located in the Chikballapur district of Karnataka state in India and is 1,479 meter above sea level. The beauty of Nandi Hills and Nandi Hills weather is due to its close proximity to Bangalore, its pleasant climate which appeals to the old and the young alike and the peace and tranquility makes it a must visit destination. Nandi Hills hotels and Nandi Hills resorts provide an excellent view and experience to tourists who come for Nandi Hills Sightseeing on a budget.
Nandi Hills Tourism
Nandi Hills weather is usually pleasant throughout the year with average temperature is in the range 8?C to 28?C which makes it a lovely spot for Nandi Hills tourism. Nandi Hills tourism suggested period is from September to May as the best months to visit for Nandi Hills sightseeing.
Means of Transportation:
- ·Nandi Hills is well connected by road with Chennai and Salem.
- ·Private Taxis or buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·Nearest railway station is Salem 90 kilometers from Nandi Hills.
- ·Nearest Airport is Trichy 90 Kilometers from Nandi Hills.
Nandi Hills sightseeing and Things to Do:
Nandi Hills are a top choice for nature lovers, trekking and hiking enthusiasts who come for Nandi Hills Sightseeing.
- ·Tipu's Summer Palace and Fort was Tipu Sultans rest house and used to be Tipu's summer bungalow.
- ·Gavi Veerabhadra Swamy Temple on the way to the Sultanpet is a natural formation of huge boulders which have been transformed into a temple.
- ·Horse Way is a stone doorway in the fort on the North-eastern side and is believed to have been the horse way for helping soldiers to climb the wall on horse back.
- ·Brahmashrama is a serene place for the spiritual minded.
Timings: Nandi hills are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
There are not too many Nandi Hills hotels and Nandi Hills Resorts, however the Horticulture Department runs a vegetarian restaurant and the Karnataka Tourism Department run Mayura which offers both vegetarian and non vegetarian food are good places to eat.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Nandi Hills hotels-
1 Hotel Mayura Pine Top
Budget Nandi Hills hotels-
1 Hotel Shantisagar
Names of Nandi Hills Resorts
1. Silver oak Farm
Tourist Office at Nandi Hills:
Nandi Complex, Nandi Complex, B.h.road, 3rd Cross, Near Neps, Shankar Pura, Tumkur, Near Collage, B H Road Tumkur, Tumkur 572101. The banks located closest to Nandi Hills are State Bank of India and Andhra Bank.