Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Munnar is located in the Idduki district of Kerala on the confluence of the rivers Muthirappuzha, Nallathanni and Kundaly. Munnar is an exotic location with moderate climate, varied flora and fauna and what makes it extra ordinary is the pleasant Munnar weather which has a tranquilizing aroma of spices. Dense forest and lush green tea estates add to the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Munnar. The scenic beauty of this town and the Munnar weather makes it a paradise on earth. Munnar hotels and Munnar resorts makes munnar tourism a high attraction for people all over India and abroad.
Geographical Location And Weather
Munnar is located in the Idduki district of Kerala on the confluence of the rivers Muthirappuzha, Nallathanni and Kundaly in the Western Ghats and is located at an altitude ranging between 2000-2600 meters. The natural beauty and Munnar weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe. Munnar hotels and Munnar resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Munnar Sightseeing.
Munnar weather is pleasant throughout the year. During summers season average temperature ranges from 8°C to 16°C. During winters Munnar weather ranges 0-8 degree centigrade. Munnar tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps changing throughout the year, August to May is the suggested tourist season however during monsoon the beauty of the region with various streams and waterfalls add to the glory of Munnar sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• Munnar is well connected by road. Private Taxis or Munnar Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
• Nearest railway head is Angamaly or Alwaye both are around 120 from Munnar.Taxis are easily available to Munnar from these junctions.
• Nearest Airport is Cochin which is 130 Kilometers from Munnar and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Munnar:
Munnar has many beautiful plantations and places of Natural Beauty for tourists who come for Munnar Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Munnar Sightseeing Is:
• Mattupetty is a famous dairy farm and close to it is the Mattupetty Lake and dam which is a famous tourist spot. Boating and various nearby attractions make it a must visit destination.
• Pothamedu is breathtakingly beautiful and provides an excellent view of the Tea, Coffee and Cardamom plantations with lush green slopes and aromatic fresh air.
• Eravikulam National Park is a beautiful sanctuary located at an altitude of 2695 meters the view form mountain ranges is simply amazing and so is the park.
• Echo point is an admirable adventure destination for the tourists and preferred location for trekking and nature walks.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Munnar Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of local food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Rapsy Restaurant offers a wide variety of good local food items like Parotta, Biryani etc.
2. Hotel Saravan Bhavan is famous for vegetarian South Indian Delicacies.
3. Krishna Fast Food is a popular fast food joint.
4. Royal Retreat is a famous multi-cuisine restaurant.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Munnar Hotels-
1. Raahatha Inn
2. The Silver Tips
3. Windermere Estate.
Budget Munnar Hotels-
1. Hotel Ambat
2. Hotel Saravana
3. Misha Tourist Home
Names Of Munnar Resorts
1. Bella Vista Resort
2. Green Jungle Holiday resort