Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Shimla the state capital of Himachal Pradesh was the summer Capital of India under the British Raj .The natural beauty, apple orchards and Victorian style buildings is a famous tourist spot today and one of the most important projects for
Shimla Tourism. Shimla hotels and Shimla resorts attracts a lot of visitors due to the weather which is cool in the summers. It attracts people especially from the northern belt of India due to very good connectivity and weather. For many people in cities in North like Chandigarh and Delhi Shimla is a second home in summers.
Geographical Location And Weather
Shimla is located in the north-west Himalayas at an altitude of 2,205 meters. Also referred as the ‘Queen of Hills’ Shimla weather is a paradise for tourists. The Pine and Oak trees drape the city of Shimla to make a picture perfect view. Shimla hotels and Shimla resorts provide various facilities for Shimla sightseeing, trekking etc.
Shimla weather is at its best in the summers with mild temperature. In the winters however Shimla weather dips below zero degree and Shimla tourism at this time experiences an outbreak in tourists who come to enjoy the snowfall. Not only the weather Shimla sightseeing places are also famous and attracts Honeymooners as well as nature lovers from across India.
Means Of Transportation
• Shimla Airport is located at Jubbarhatti, 23 kms from city and is well connected to Chandigarh, Kullu, and Delhi with daily flights from Delhi and Kullu.
• One of its kind Rail Car from Kalka is a tourist attraction.
• Shimla is connected to Kalka on Meter Gauge and the journey has breathtaking view.
• Shimla is very well connected by road and is the preferred mode of travel for most tourists from North.
Luxury Buses and taxis from Chandigarh provide fast and efficient service.
Shimla Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Shimla
• Christ Church and St. Michael’s Cathedral is one of the oldest churches in North India and the architecture and beauty makes it a must see.
• Jakhu Temple is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman ‘the Monkey God’ the panoramic view and friendly monkeys on route make it a must visit.
• The mall road is well maintained by Shimla tourism as most of attractions are located here, the scenic beauty and local fast food and bakeries make it Mecca for tourists enjoying Shimla weather.
• Lakkar Bazaar adjacent to the Ridge is popular for its wood-crafts and souvenirs.
Himachal state museum and library, Botanical Garden, Tara Devi temple etc are other tourist spots in the endless list of Shimla Sightseeing. Shimla Tourism buses for various tourist spots nearby Shimla offer affordable and efficient service.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
• Shimla has many bakeries famous for fresh produce through out the day.
• India Coffee House is a very old establishment and is famous for mouthwatering delicacies and quick service.
• Sher-e-punjab restaurant is famous for Mughlai cuisine and non vegetarian food.
• The Oberois Cecil is a five star restaurant with excellent food.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Five Star Shimla Hotels -
1. The Oberoi’s Cecil
2. Radisson Jass
3. Wildflower Hall
Budget Shimla Hotels -
1. Hotel Honeymoon Inn
2. Hotel Sukhsagar
3. Hotel Deep woods.
1. Destination Resorts
2. Jungle Retreat
3. Surya Vilas Resort