Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya in India. The pollution free atmosphere, Beautiful Mountains, dense forest and lush greenery adds to the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Shillong. The scenic beauty of this town and the Shillong weather makes it a preferred tourist destination. Shillong hotels and Shillong resorts provide a relaxed vacation experience far from the pollution and maddening crowd of big towns and cities.
Geographical Location And Weather
Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya in North-Eastern India and is located at an altitude of about 1496 meters. The Sub Tropical climate, natural beauty and Shillong weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe. Shillong hotels and Shillong resorts provide an excellent view and experience to tourists who come for Shillong Sightseeing.
Shillong weather is pleasant throughout the year. During summers season which is during March to June Shillong has an average temperature in the range 15°C to 24°C. During winters Shillong weather ranges 2-15 degree centigrade. Shillong tourism suggests all months except for chilly December and January are the best months to visit for Shillong sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• Shillong is well connected by road with Guwahati through National Highway 40.
• Private Taxis or Shillong Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
• Nearest broad gauge railway head is Guwahati 100 kms from Shillong. Private Taxis are easily available from Guwahati.
• Nearest Airport is Guwahati which is 100 Kilometers from Shillong and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Shillong:
Shillong has many beautiful Mountain peaks, Lakes, gardens and beautiful places for tourists who come for Shillong Sightseeing
The main places of interest while Shillong Sightseeing is:
• Shillong Peak is a beautiful and well maintained picnic spot by Shillong Tourism and the view is mesmerizing from the peak which is at an altitude of 1965 meters.
• Cherrapunjee is known as one of the wettest places in the world due to heavy rainfall through the year. Various water falls, limestone caves make it must visit.
• Sohpetbneng Peak provides a view which is simply amazing from an altitude of 1343 meters.
• Lady Hydari Park is a beautiful park with a mini zoo.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Shillong Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of Chinese, Tibetan and Indian food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Hong Kong Restaurant is home to wonderful Chinese food.
2. La Gallerie has excellent Chinese food and is popular among tourists and locals.
3. Chef’s is a popular multi cuisine restaurant with a wide variety.
4. City Hut Dhaba has wide variety of Indian Food at affordable rate.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Shillong Hotels-
1. Hotel Polo Towers
2. Lakkhotaa Lodge
Budget Shillong Hotels-
1. Rosaville Cottage
2. Pegasus Crown
3. Hotel Pinewood Ashok
Names Of Shillong Resorts
1. Ri Kynjai Resort