Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Beaches In India
- Beach in Andaman
- Beach in Daman and Diu
- Beach in Lakshadweep
- Beaches in Goa
- Beaches in Gujarat
- Beaches in Kerala
- Beaches in Maharashtra
- Beaches in Orissa
With so many beautiful beaches, vying for the most preferable by the tourists, the kovalam beach tends to stand out in its hospitality and places of importance in kovalam beach location. The kovalam beach attractions are many a varied types and can rivet the attention of the tourists coming with the kovalam beach packages. In a time when the beaches are becoming crowded and polluted, the kovalam beach in kerala has kept its serenity intact and has pulled a crowd for its beauty that lies in store for the holidaymakers to the kovalam beach.
- The town of kovalam is 16 kms from the nearest airport of Trivandrum and can be reached from the airport by the taxis or even buses which ply regularly to the beach city.
- The nearest station is also at Trivandrum due to which people from all parts of the country can easily reach to kovalam beach to enjoy their kovalam beach packages.
- Due to good road conditions, most of the tourists also prefer the road ways to reach the beautiful town with the beaches and other sight seeing places.
Sightseeing and Activities
- The light house at kurumkal is one of the kovalam beach attractions along with the lighthouse beach as per the name, and this is suitable for cycling and walking down the beach, which is quite a serene experience.
- The awesome views of the backwaters at the river Karamana, is a must see for people, 12 kms away from the beach and this river stream is famous for the boating facilities.
- At around 7 kms away, the Vellayani lake is suitable for boating also, for the tourists on kovalam beach packages.
- TheValiyathura pier is a port that is quite active and also gives beautiful scenery of sunset and sunrise and is a great place for angling.
- Edakallu, is a place that gives a perfect view of the sky and its patterns during sunrise and sunset.
- Various art forms of the bygone era and the sculptures form the major kovalam beach attractions in the kovalam art gallery which is visited by tourists with eager.
- The thiruvallam Parashurama temple and the vizhinjam Rock Cut Cave temple are two important sculptured monuments that need mentions among the kovalam beach attractions and are compulsorily visited by the tourists staying in the kovalam beach resorts as these are located within few kilometres of the kovalam beach location.
- The durga temple and the fish tank are something to be visited during the trip to Aruvikkara dam, 10 kms from kovalam beach in kerala.
- The neyyar dam is another place which gets into the list of places to visit and makes the tourists come back again and again to the kovalam beach in kerala.
- The varkala beach close to kovalam beach is another place which can be visited when people stay in the accommodations at the kovalam beach resorts.
- The long expanses of the kovalam beach in kerala allows for parasailing and water boat activities for the tourists coming in with the kovalam beach packages and these are mostly provided by the collaboration of the kovalam beach resorts.
The distinctive crescent shape and the solitude of these beaches with the surrounding cliff makes not only for a beautiful scenery, but allows the tourists to walk along the beaches and get a glimpse of the sunset or sunrise.
- During the rule of the maharaja of Travancore, the guests were taken to the kovalam beach to relax and since then, the kovalam beach location has become a favoured destination for a number of tourists.
- In later years, the hippies exodus into the kovalam beach in kerala brought it into highlight as a great destination for relaxing and enjoyment.
Accommodations At Kovalam
- The fame of the kovalam beach goes for the presence of a number of good accommodation facilities in the kovalam beach location which are also quite strategically placed to allow the guests have a beautiful scenery view from the kovalam beach resorts.
- The budget seekers have the options of Royal Sea Blue, Tom’s Inn, Wilson tourist home, Samudra tara home, Neelakantha hotel, etc.
- There are many medium range hotels like Hotel Shree Vishak, Kovalam beach retreat, Samudra, Hotel Marine palace, Surya Samudra beach garden, etc.
- The hotels like The Travancore heritage, Hotel Puja Mahal, Thapovan, Nikki’s nest, Aazhimala beach resort, Swagath beach resort, Varmar Resort, etc are some of the major luxury hotels and resorts for the tourists coming into the kovalam beach in kerala.
From September to the month of May, the tourist season is there for visiting the kovalam beach location as the temperature is not very harsh as is in the summer months.
The kovalam beach in kerala along the Arabian sea, has morphologically 3 different parts which are separated by the rocky divisions and has the specialty of allowing the tourists for swimming during the kovalam beach packages.
The shores are steep landscapes covered by the palm trees. Light house beach is the larger one with a light house atop the kurumkal hillock while the second Hawah Beach was because of the European female tourists who sunbathed there.
The samudra beach is a bit separated and can be visited under the kovalam beach attractions and is less populated while the fishermen frequent this place.
There are a number of kovalam beach resorts around these three beaches, more so in the samundra beach area.
The kovalam beach has attracted many tourists who seek a solitude and quaint place to spend their holidays, and if it is a beach like that of the kovalam beach in kerala, then the offers of kovalam beach packages are picked up by the tourists in large numbers. The various kovalam beach attractions have added to the fervor of the beach environment which is almost fulfilling as a beach destination and relaxing to the body and mind when tourists queue up their plans to the kovalam beach.