Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Beaches In India
- Beach in Andaman
- Beach in Daman and Diu
- Beach in Lakshadweep
- Beaches in Goa
- Beaches in Gujarat
- Beaches in Kerala
- Beaches in Maharashtra
- Beaches in Orissa
When planning for the holidays, the palolem beach comes to the mind in the serene yet captivating locales of goa. Innumerable tourists visit the state of goa for its myriad beaches and beautiful landscapes with cliffs and palm and coconut trees of which the palolem beach in goa is having, quite a significance in the list of the tourists. With the palolem beach packages, tourists come to the palolem beach location and stay in the accommodations available and enjoy the various beautiful palolem beach attractions that are on offer. Being the southern most part of goa, the palolem beach is less frequented by many people, thus making it one of the few less inhabited beaches in this state and the dust sands on the beaches under the cover of green landscapes makes for a great holiday with accommodation in the palolem beach resorts.
- The palolem beach location is in the southern goa and is replete with fine sand along the beaches with greenery and crystal clear water furthering the bewitching spectacles of the palolem beach in goa.
- The beach itself is fringed by two headlands on either side with the slope of the beach going into the sea, so that the tourists on the palolem beach packages can walk quite deep into the sea.
- The palolem beach in goa is about 1.6 miles long and is crescent shaped, thus giving it a unique look.
- The beach shacks all over the beach horizon and the tree covered rocks at one end, known as the monkey island are quite fabulous among the palolem beach attractions.
- By taking the train to Margao, tourists can travel to the palolem beach in goa by private taxis and even government approved fixed price taxis which are also available from the nearest train station at Canacona which is 5 minutes drive or from the Goa Dabolim airport at Vasco Da Gama.
- The bus route takes the tourists on palolem beach packages to Canacona or palolem from the Margao bus stand.
- From the Canacona bus stand, the palolem beach is about 3 kms. For those tourists who are moving around from one beach to another, the best option would be to hire a motorcycle or personal taxis or cars.
- The Dabolim airport is well connected to Mumbai and other nearby airports with regular flights of various private and air India airlines.
Sightseeing and Activities
The palolem beach in goa is quite small, and so the tourists taking up the palolem beach packages can move around the palolem beach location without any vehicles and can move on foot to the nearer areas.
- A little to the right of the beach is the butterfly island which is reached on foot after wadding through the rocks and water during low tide.
- A very good place for trekking enthusiasts, tourists coming to the palolem beach can take an adventurous trek across the rock filled path.
- Further beyond towards the right side of the island is the butterfly beach which is quite steep and can be good for diving activities.
- Another secluded area near this beach is the honeymoon beach which is quite a pleasure to walk across.
- To the south of the palolem beach location is the Columb Bay which is an eco friendly complex with the adjoining patnem beach having some good palolem beach resorts.
- The river at this place is good for boat ride and thereby seeing many palolem beach attractions.
- It is here that a number of outdoor sport and water activities can be undertaken to take out the full charm of the palolem beach packages and it includes scuba diving, canoeing, trekking, and lazying around in the self paddle sea kayak boat.
- Besides these sceneries and activities, a boat trip to see the dolphins during sunrise near the church is a great activity at the palolem beach in goa.
- A complete day tour of the Dudhsagar falls, Cortigao Wildlife park, spice farms, Karwar beach with the picturesque Kali bridge and the fort in the area, are some of the palolem beach attractions that can be enjoyed through the palolem beach packages.
- 20 kms north of palolem beach is the agonda beach which is quite and peaceful and is the home for the Cap De Rama fort.
- The Neptunes point at the palolem beach resorts is one of the very famous and most attended night parties where the hip hop and trance culture is clearly reflected.
Due to the heavy traffic of tourists, the accommodations at the palolem beach location, are many and of varied ranges from the cheaper hotels and lodgings to the luxurious hotels and resorts.
- For the tourists on palolem beach packages, the options of budget hotels are Virgin Beach resort, Palolem beach house, Le Grand residency, Luke’s residency, Fernandes, Allegra, Sundowner, etc.
- If the tourists seek a luxury abode in the palolem beach, they can choose from Ciaran’s, The Fern Gardenia resort, Art resort, Sai valentine, etc.
- Although many hotels and resorts are there in the palolem beach, the palolem beach resorts comprises of a number of beach huts and shacks on the beach directly which are comfortable as well as quite nearer to the natural way of living in the beaches which are a major attractions for the tourists coming to see the palolem beach attractions.
Due to the heavy rush of tourists, the places that serve food in the palolem beach have an array of food and delicacies to be served that satisfies the taste buds of all the tourists and ranges from exotic continental western food items to the very Indian curries and rice.
- Since, the palolem beach location is just along the villages where fishing is the livelihood, getting fresh sea foods is the best option although some charge a bit more than normal.
- But the roadside vendors and the stalls serves tasty fish and prawns and can be called as the palolem beach attractions.
- Draupadi with its variety of items, fernandes with the Indian and tandoori foods, palolem beach resort with the multicuisine items, and the cool breeze café are some of the better places for having food items.
- Sameer restaurant is well known for the breakfast and sizzlers while blue planet café is located very near to the beach and the tourists staying in the palolem beach resorts can have a great time in these places with a taste of the best from various regions.
- Magic italy is famous for Italian foods while thai food is perennially available at Yum Yum Tom Yum.
- The summer being a bit humid but cool due to the breeze and the winter with the cooler temperatures let people enjoy the various palolem beach attractions and the ambience in the palolem beach in goa.
- The monsoon season is full of rain but still would appear beautiful for the travel enthusiast.
- In fact, travelling to the palolem beach resorts and staying there is possible all around the year, but most of the tourist traffic is from October to march.
- This beach of palolem is within a walking distance of 2 kms from the market of a small town called Chaudi in the south goa region of Canacona and is about 1 hour’s drive from coastal town of Karwar in Karnataka and about 40 minutes to cover 42 kms from the main city of South Goa, margao.
- The backdrop of the picturesque western ghats in the southern part of the beach makes the sceneries further appealing and add to the palolem beach attractions.
When tourists visit this southern point of goa to pass their holidays in the palolem beach resorts, they can have beautiful experiences that last a lifetime. The fun of walking along the fine sand on the beaches with the greenery surrounding the beaches is something that the tourists get to feel special about. The number of tourists visiting the palolem beach location is growing day by day as everyone tries to spend a quality time in the less populated beaches and this is marking the popularity of the palolem beach from among the various beaches of goa.