Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Mumbai to Pune
It is not without any reason that the city of Pune, located at the convergence of rivers Mula and Mutha, is considered as a heritage and culture rich city and has maintained its status as a favorite place for the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Pune. In contrast to the hectic life of the nearby Mumbai city, the people who travel the distance from Mumbai to puNe, get to see a tranquility and ethos that speak volumes about the history and modernized set up. People arriving for their weekend break from Mumbai to Pune cannot leave without admiring the different sites, which reverberate the glory of the Marathas and Shivaji as well as the richness of the surrounding that has been kept alive through history till present date. After settling down in the accommodation at Pune which is of various types, people can visit the historically important sites as well as the modern structures of educational institutions and multinational companies. Even before the Marathas established Pune as their headquarters and developed it as their capital city, the various rules of different dynasties had always stressed upon the development of this city which was further strengthened by the capture of Poona by the Britishers. And this is something which provides a testimony of the calm and composed development that is possible to see when people arrive here for the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Pune. Various historical sites and the modern buildings show that there has been a fine balance in the developmental works since many years now.
- Pune is home to some of the best multinational companies at present who are eyeing this green city for setting up their headquarters.
- Various educational institutes like Armed Forces Medical College, National Defense Academy, Film and Tv Institute, Symbiosis Institute, etc are not only the top colleges in their particular fields but their infrastructure is something that is a thing to see when people visit for their weekend break from Mumbai to Pune.
- Without speaking of the Osho commune international and the huge number of followers and disciples living and practicing the teachings of Osho Rajneesh in this ashram built by Osho, the description about Pune remains incomplete.
- In the city, after traveling the distance from Mumbai to Pune, people can see a variety of historical places like the Aga Khan Palace, the Shanwarwada Palace, the rock-cut Pataleshwar caves and temple dedicated to goddess Parvati, National War Museum, Raj Dinakar Kelkar museum with various historical exhibits, Shinde’s Chhatri and David Synagogue, to name a few.
- The bund garden, Mulshi Lake and dam, Saras garden, Vishram Bagh Waada, are a few places related to nature which people can see after finding out an accommodation at Pune of their choice.
- The Katraj snake park and the Sinhagad or the lion fort forest range, are a couple of wildlife areas for people to visit when they take their weekend getaways from Mumbai to Pune.
- Those visitors and travelers who travel the distance from Mumbai to Pune can have a lot of fun and entertainment at Appu Ghar, Panshet Water Park, Tulsi Baug and enjoy the horse riding and paragliding which are quite famous in Pune.
- Apart from all these places and monuments, the people visiting and staying in the accommodation at Pune, can get shopping facilities in the number of malls and shopping arcades like nucleus and city malls, and various items of handicrafts in Laxmi Road market and many others.
- Vayudoot airways, continental airlines, east west airlines, connect Mumbai to Pune as well as many other cities have direct flights coming into the Pune airport which is situated 10 kms from the heart of the city.
- People wishing for weekend break from Mumbai to Pune can take the regular bus services along the 200 km distance from Mumbai to Pune as well as there are good bus communications to various other cities in Maharashtra and outside.
- People can also travel in private taxis and their own vehicles when they come for weekend getaways from Mumbai to Pune which is easy and comfortable in the Mumbai Pune expressway.
Nearby Tourist Places
- Tourists can visit nearby places when they come and stay in the accommodation at Pune for a weekend, which are almost around a 100 kms such as Mahabaleshwar, Shivneri fort, Panchgani, Bhima Shankar, Lenyadri, and Lonavala and Khandala hill stations.
Food and Dining
- Due to the growing popularity of Pune as a tourist destination, a lot of food and dining facilities of different tastes and culture are available in the many hotels and restaurants in the city.
- The Udup, Maharashtrian, Kolhapuri dishes are available almost everywhere.
- The flat millet pancakes are the typical Pune meals besides the vada pav, missal, kacchi dabeli, bhelpuri being sold by the street hawkers.
- On auspicious days, various restaurants prepare the local dishes like soonth panak, chakli, karanji, puran poli and coconut potali most of which are made with peanut oil.
- People visiting the city after covering the distance from Mumbai to Pune for their weekend tours, can stay in the wide range of hotels as per their affordability.
- The few budget accommodation at Pune includes the hotel Alankar, hotel Parkview, Smart Inn hotel, hotel Rajdhani, Sadanand residency hotel, etc.
- People can also choose to stay in the medium range hotels like Rutu Gandh heritage, Hotel Royalty, Hotel Parichay, Krishna Presidency, Tamanna Residency, Hotel Sudarshan, Hotel Sundaram Executive, etc.
- Even, for the willing visitor, there are luxury hotels and resorts for staying for the weekend break from Mumbai to pune such as the Oakwood, Hotel Kohinoor Executive, Lemon Tree Hotel, The President Hotel, Hotel Aurora Towers, Taj Blue Diamond, Quality Hotel Regency, etc, and resorts like Yogi Holiday Resort, Bandhari Holiday Resort, Centurion Spring Hills Resort, Baron Lakeside Resort, Green Gate Resort and many others.
With so much to enjoy and visit in the heritage city of Pune, it is an obviously worthy trip when people take the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Pune. When they have traveled the distance from Mumbai to Pune, they feel transformed in the tranquil city with the myriad activities that are possible. It gives people a chance to reminisce about the grand trip that they had and this is guaranteed to linger in the memories for years to come.