Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Mumbai to Daman And Diu
Weekend getaways from Mumbai to Daman & Diu, takes the tourists to the second smallest union territory of India located in the west coast. People, who cover the distance from Mumbai to Daman & Diu, get to visit two different places within the geography of Gujarat, towards its south. Being located near to the sea, the weekend break from Mumbai to Daman & Diu provides its tourists the opportunity to visit many places of importance and stay in the accommodation at Daman & Diu. Since, this place was under the Portuguese rule for a long period of time, the architecture and the places to visit have a strong influence of the Portuguese culture. Although, the distance from Mumbai to Daman & Diu takes the tourists to a small place, yet, there are many places to visit and make the weekend break from Mumbai to Daman & Diu count among the memorable trips to locations in India.
Places to Visit
- The union territory of Daman & Diu are in fact two different locations. Daman is near the town of Vapi in southern Gujarat while Diu is located near Junagarh.
- Daman is divided into two parts by river Damanganga and has many places to visit. Diu is more of an island in the Arabian sea connected by two bridges to the mainland.
Once the tourists on their weekend getaways from Mumbai to Daman & Diu reach this place, they can stay in the accommodation at Daman & Diu and move about to different sighseeing places.
- The twin forts of Moti Daman and Nani Daman are the best features to be seen in Daman. Moti Daman fort is quite large with broad streets and the Se Cathedral inside it with a light house along the beach.
- Flanked by a village with beautiful sights of fishing activities, the Nani Daman is smaller but also has a beautiful Church of Our Lady of Rosary.
- In Daman, the famous beaches with hordes of visitors are the Devka beach and Jampore beach.
- Somnath Mahadev temple dedicated to lord Shiva is located in the Dabhel village, inside Daman.
- Diu, similar to the land of Daman has a Diu fort which is connected to Panikotha by a water body with a boat ride for the people on weekend break from Mumbai to Daman & Diu.
- There are many beaches such as Nagoa beach in the shape of a horseshoe, the Jallandhar beach with the church of St. Paul and St. Assisi.
- People staying in the accommodation at Daman & Diu can visit a bird sanctuary with a number of exotic birds and migratory birds.
- The Church of Bom Jesus needs special mention as lot of tourists traveling the distance from Mumbai to Daman & Diu visit this place due to its architectural brilliance.
- The Satya Sagar Udyan is a park and garden with colorful fountains and adequate space for passing a valuable time during the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Daman & Diu.
Tourists coming in along the distance from Mumbai to Daman & Diu can stay in the accommodation at Daman & Diu as per their affordability and choice as there are many hotels of different price ranges in this place.
- For the travelers seeking a luxury space to reside, the Cidade de Daman, Silver Sands Beach Resort, Radhika beach resort, Miramar hotel, Sandy resort, Princess Park resort, Azzaro resorts and spa, etc are some of the choices.
- For the medium range hotels, tourists can stay in the accommodation at Daman & Diu at Jazira hotel, Gurukripa hotel, Kohinoor hotel, Cidade de Diu hotel, Sugati beach resort, etc.
- Travelers on weekend break from Mumbai to Daman & Diu wishing for the economic trip can have the choices from Sea View hotel, Marina hotel, Brighton hotel, Diamond hotel, Samrat hotel, etc.
- For the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Daman & Diu, the tourists can travel the distance from Mumbai to Daman & Diu which is about 180 kms approximately and takes around 3 hours to reach by road.
- There are many buses of government and private operators to reach the union territory along the road.
- Taxis and private cars are also good alternatives as it can help in moving about in the different places in Daman & Diu.
- A lot of trains are directly connecting Mumbai to Daman & Diu which makes it easier for the tourists to take the weekend break from Mumbai to Daman & Diu at any time of the day or week.
- There are no commercial flights directly to cover the distance from Mumbai to Daman & Diu, but the people from other parts of the country can reach the nearby airports in Mumbai or Gujarat and come to Daman & Diu and stay in the various available accommodation at Daman & Diu.
The cuisine that is available in these places are mostly having a gujarati influence and therefore are available in many restaurants and hotels as well as in the road side stalls. But, since there are visitors from many parts of India, delicacies of other regions can also be found.
Most of the places are near to each other in the union territory of Daman & Diu and so auto rickshaws and motorbikes are sufficient for the travelers coming for the weekend getaways from Mumbai to Daman & Diu. Those coming in private cars and taxis can use the same to commute locally.
Although, the union territory is quite small, yet, there are many places that provide a vacation atmosphere to the tourists. After getting comfortable in the accommodation at Daman & Diu, people can visit different places, all located close to each other, and enjoy the sandy beaches which are also not very populated. The charm of the weekend break from Mumbai to Daman & Diu is unfaltering and has brought so many tourists into the beautiful locations of Daman and Diu.