Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Delhi to Corbett
Famous as a national park, the first in india, weekend getaways from delhi to Corbett is a much coveted trip by the tourists and especially the nature enthusiasts. Nature lovers having interest in animals and birds as well as those wishing to spend some quality time in the lush green forest surrounded by hills, travel the distance from delhi to Corbett and look up for animals, birds, reptiles and flora of different types. The Corbett national park is situated in the town of Ramganga with the river of the same name flowing into the park and this park houses a number of accommodation at Corbett with so many tourists coming to visit and stay in this attractive locations with so many things to see and do. The weekend break from delhi to Corbett is a much demanded trip which people can easily take up to relax and be in the hold of the natural beauty of this place which is full of trees in the foothills of Himalayan ranges and surrounded by small undulating peaks. The name of the Corbett national park comes from the famous hunter and conversationalist who made a great contribution towards the preservation of tiger, and so the tigers are the main attraction in Hailey national park which was later on rechristened as Corbett national park.
The distance from delhi to Corbett is about 300 kms easily covered along the road in about 6 hours. To help the tourists come for the weekend getaways from delhi to Corbett, a number of buses of private and government organizations are there which are also quite affordable and available at all times of the day, usually undertaking a night journey. The nearest railway station is located at Ramnagar from where taxis and buses are also available to reach Corbett. Since, there are no airports nearby, the tourists have to reach delhi from other parts of the country and travel by road to enjoy the natural sceneries and stay in accommodation at Corbett.
Depending on the wish of the travelers, there are many accommodation facilities in and around Corbett where people can stay during their weekend getaways from delhi to Corbett and travel to different destinations for sightseeing.
- For the economic traveler, budget hotels for accommodation at Corbett are The river View Retreat, The Corbett Hideaway, Corbett Treff, Country Inn Tree Tops, Corbett Suman Grand, The Wild Crest, Mahaseer Fishing Camps, etc.
- For tourists coming on weekend break from delhi to Corbett, the medium range hotels available are Jungle Lore, Quality Inn The Den, The Manor, Jims Jungle Retreat, etc.
- For the more luxuriant traveler, the accommodation at Corbett can be chosen from Corbett Roop Resort, Corbett Heaven Resort, The Solluna Resort, Tarangi Resort, Corbett Jungle Club resort, etc.
- The sanctuary and Corbett national park is the most important tourist place to visit during the weekend getaways from delhi to Corbett which provides the visitors a view of the many animals and plant species besides the usual and famous tigers, elephants, and the special Himalayan black beack, sloth bear etc.
- In this national park, the tourists on weekend break from delhi to Corbett can go for wildlife safari looking at various animals and their activities from close up and these safari can be taken on jeeps or by ride on elephants.
- The fishing activities can be done at Ramnagar, 50 kms away from the Corbett national park.
- Another famous attraction for the tourists covering the distance from delhi to Corbett is the Corbett waterfall from a height of 20 mts and makes for a great view and spot for picnickers and campers.
- The place of Dhikala offers a panoramic view of the Patli Dun Valley with the numerous tributaries of Ramganga River.
- When people stay in the accommodation at Corbett, they can visit the Garija temple, 14 kms away in the midst of river Kosi.
- A very famous shooting range is found in Bijrani and is also famous for game hunting.
- Corbett wildlife museum at dhangarhi is a beautiful location and a must see place to visit during the weekend getaways from delhi to Corbett which consists many anecdotes of Jim Corbett and artifacts and memorabilia related to Corbett national park.
Season to Visit
During the winter months, the temperature falls and provides the perfect time to be in the lush forests to watch birds and tigers. Even, the summer months are good options for the tiger sightings as they come out in the open mostly due to the heat.
The place of Corbett is not a large area and so commuting doesn’t require much trouble and is possible with the various available jeeps in the region on hire. People can also use their own private vehicles which they have brought in for their weekend break from delhi to Corbett.
Food is available in the various canteens at Bijrani, Dhikala and Gairal for those people who have covered the distance from delhi to Corbett and are into the jungle safari. Outside the park limits, there are many food items and available in most of the hotels around the area.
Tourists to the Corbett national park would be in awe of the grandeur of the forest area which is house to many animals. The ambience in the accommodation at Corbett is such that it not only provides a perfect weekend break from delhi to Corbett but gives a feel to be very close with nature. As more and more people are getting interested in holiday trips to more serene and calm places, Corbett is becoming a much favored place among the tourists.