Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Delhi to Agra
With one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Taj Mahal at Agra is a famous destination in India where a number of tourists visit in the weekend break from Delhi to Agra. Those tourists who travel the distance from Delhi to Agra, can visit some of the most famous monuments and architectural masterpieces built in the Mughal era in India. Every corner of Agra has something to show the glorious past and cultural heritage and tourists on weekend getaways from Delhi to Agra would not be disappointed during their visits. There is so much to see in this city of monuments in north India, that people need to get into an accommodation at Agra and then see to their full taste, the different sightseeing places that Agra has to offer. The city of Agra is located in the banks of Yamuna and offers to the visitors traveling the distance from Delhi to Agra, the three UNESCO recognized world heritage sites of Fatehpur Sikri, Taj Mahal and Agra forts, besides the replica of the Mughal art and architecture and culture.
Places to Visit
There would be an unending list of places that can be visited in the city when people arrive for the weekend getaways from Delhi to Agra.
- The mention of Taj Mahal has to be first when people come for their weekend break from Delhi to Agra as it provides the ultimate splendor to the vision as well as the marvelous architecture making it one among the Seven Wonders of the World which obviously is in the inquisitive list of tourists.
- Agra fort, with its high walled buildings were used in history for the protection from enemies and is something to take the glory when visiting during the weekend break from Delhi to Agra.
- Mausamman Buri and Moti Masjid are world famous shrines where people from all over the country come and pray and even is a beautiful architectural monument for people to see when they are staying at accommodation at Agra.
- The Fatehpur Sikri is a glorious architectural area which was built like a small city where many people could stay and was used in the historical days as an asylum and consists of many buildings which still stand proudly proclaiming the glorious past of India as well as the Mughals.
- After traveling the distance from Delhi to Agra, a view of the Jama Masjid and Buland Darwaza brings people in awe of the architectural brilliance that was stressed by the mughal kings.
- Panch Mahal, Maryamuzzamani palace, Itimad-ud-daula’s tomb, Sikandra or Akbar’s tomb etc are some of the other places that people can visit during their weekend getaways from Delhi to Agra.
- Saomi Bagh, Mehtab Bagh, Anguur Bagh, Keetham Lake, etc are a few of the places bestowed with natural sceneries and are well maintained gardens in the city.
- With so much to see, the tourists coming on weekend break from Delhi to Agra need to find a comfortable accommodation at Agra which is easily available and then move on to different locations to catch all the splendor of the city at its best.
Since, the city of Agra is one of the very famous destinations in the country, the local commuting system are quite good for the visitors.
- Private cars and taxis are the best means to book the travel to the monuments and masjids in the city.
- A very good means of commuting is in the cycle rickshaws which are aplenty in the city and gives a majestic view of the different locations and are also quite cheap to travel.
- The horse driven Tongas are a beautiful means of traveling which is nowadays not seen in many cities.
- The local buses can be used to travel when people have come here to Agra and are staying in accommodation at Agra.
- Variety of hotels and accommodation at Agra are available for the tourists to choose from and these range across different prices.
- The budget hotels in Agra are lots and people coming for weekend getaways from Delhi to Agra can choose from Akbar Hotel, Hotel Sheela Inn, Priya Guest House, Hotel Pawan, Hotel Hilltop, Hotel Kirandeep, etc.
- The luxury hotels are also there such as Hotel Utkarsh Vilas, Hotel Marina, ITC Mughal, Grand Imperial, Trident, Jaypee Palace hotel, to name a few.
- For the tourists seeking medium price range accommodation at Agra, the Hotel Tara Palace, Hotel Kant, Amar Yatri Niwas, Hotel Jyoti Continental, Hotel Raj Bed and Breakfast, etc are some of the choices.
- Besides the regular hotels, people traveling the distance from Delhi to Agra can stay in the hostels and the homestays.
- The distance from Delhi to Agra is around 203 kms and takes 3 hours by road.
- Buses and taxis can be taken for commuting during the weekend break from Delhi to Agra and these are plentily available for the tourists which leave Delhi from many bus and taxi terminals.
- Many trains connect Delhi to Agra when they travel to different other destinations in India and becomes a good connection for commuting when people take the weekend getaways from Delhi to Agra.
- The buses that are operated by tourism department of the government and the private operators, are of deluxe, AC, Volvo and ordinary types.
- The Kingfisher flights are there for the commuting by air which is at regular intervals thus allowing people to cover the distance from Delhi to Agra quite easily and quickly, in almost an hour.
The food and cuisines that are served in different restaurants and hotels are of varied types with special delicacies of the Mughal period. They are even available at road side vendors and are quite affordable with tourists trying them out with valued interest. Besides so many tourist places and monuments to visit and the eateries, people can spend their time when they stay in the accommodation at Agra by visiting the modern and big shopping malls where wide array of things including handicrafts can be bought.
The tour to the city of Agra is full of awe inspiring buildings and architectural pieces which go on to show that the distance from Delhi to Agra that the tourists have traveled for their weekend break from Delhi to Agra is worth the effort. The weekend getaways from Delhi to Agra are quite famous or in other words, necessarily taken up by the tourists as this is one of the most famous locations of history and events in India.