Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Chennai to Pondicherry
Located in the serenity of the Coromandel coast near to the state of Tamilnadu, weekend getaways from Chennai to Pondicherry provides the perfect place for trips. The pristine beaches, colonial architecture and the hospitality with the various monuments make it worth to travel the distance from Chennai to Pondicherry. The small union territory of India, Pondicherry is a place which has all the ingredients to make a successful trip and enjoy the beauty when people stay in the accommodation at Pondicherry. Starting from partygoers to the honeymoon couples, the capital city of puducherry or pondy as it is called, provides allurement for the weekend break from Chennai to Pondicherry. Although, it became the union territory of india in the 1950s, it still reflects the French colonialism that lasted for over 3 centuries and has buildings and structures in the French style which is a flavor among the tourists visiting on weekend getaways from Chennai to Pondicherry. Not only, are the beaches clean, the surrounding and the atmosphere of Pondicherry is quite appealing to its visitors so that they are attracted again and again to this place on weekend break from Chennai to Pondicherry.
- With all its beaches and monuments reflecting the French settlement, the Aurobindo Ashram is one of the most coveted and visited place in Pondicherry where yoga and meditation learning is done by number of disciples of Shree Aurobindo.
- Visitors coming for the weekend getaways from Chennai to pondicherry can take part and have an audience to the different kinds of cultural activities, lectures, film screenings and various other religious themes.
- One of the most exotic things to see is the Pondicherry museum which has a diverse collection of various sculptures from very early age, handicrafts, weaponry and other interesting items of the French period.
- People staying in the accommodation at Pondicherry can easily move about and pay a visit to the French institute which shows the actual legacy that the French rule has left behind in the region.
- The evening walks in the botanical garden with a variety of trees and flower plants and aquariums with exotic fishes, is a pleasure.
- The French rule is best reflected in the churches of Pondicherry which are quite famous for their architectural styling and includes the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Our Lady of Angles Church with the tapestry and decorations still fresh from the French rule days.
- The specialty with the temples in Pondicherry that the visitors on weekend getaways from Chennai to Pondicherry can see is their dedication to Lord Ganesh of which the Vinaynagar Manakula temple is the most famous for its structure.
- One thing that people cannot miss enjoying is in the beaches of Pondicherry which are full of fine sand and are very clean with the towering lighthouse on the beach.
- The distance from Chennai to Pondicherry is about 137 kms which can be covered in a couple of hours easily due to the good road connectivity.
- Buses are frequently connecting the two places, while a number of private cars and taxis on hire, are available for tourists who want the weekend break from Chennai to Pondicherry.
- From Pondicherry, the nearest railway station is at Villupuram, 32 kms away between which, a lot of trains are available.
- By air, travelers can reach Pondicherry, but indirectly as the nearest airport is at Chennai.
Tourists coming into the union territory after traveling the distance from Chennai to Pondicherry can have a great weekend when they stay in an accommodation at Pondicherry of their choice, as different options for staying are found here.
- In the category of budget hotels, Hotel Shrilogaa Residency, The Neem Tree, Hotel Sriguru, Hotel Jayaram, Hotel Aruna, Hotel Surya international, Hotel Raj International, etc to name a few.
- For the travelers requiring a medium range hotel can choose from Lotus Suite Service Apartments, Lotus comfort hotel, Lotus Comfort Hotel, Ginger Hotel, Hotel de Pondicherry, The Sunway GRT Grand, Hotel Calve, etc.
- If the visitors on weekend break from Chennai to Pondicherry wish for luxury accommodation at Pondicherry, they have the choices from Hotel Athithi, Hotel Dune eco Beach, The Promenade, Le Dupleix, Anandha Inn, Rosema Ayurveda resort, Hollywood Farm Beach resort, Nalla Eco Friendly Beach resort, etc.
- In Pondicherry, people who find an accommodation at Pondicherry can travel to nearby areas on their own by renting motorcycles from the shops with ease. This allows them an independence to move to different sightseeing places.
- The private cars and taxis can be booked for the whole weekend getaways from Chennai to Pondicherry and can get a detailed tour of the different places in quick time.
- The autorickshaws are another good means of transport and is cozy enough to take tour of the city as well as nearby places.
- Most of the places to be seen in Pondicherry are quite near to each other which can also be covered by cycle also.
- This allows the visitors to visit various places in Pondicherry quite easily and they are not required to worry about how to travel when they reach Pondicherry for their weekend break from Chennai to Pondicherry.
- The best season to cover the distance from Chennai to Pondicherry and stay in the accommodation at Pondicherry is from December to February when the hot and humid climate, typical of south India can be escaped. But, people can visit Pondicherry throughout the year as the market and hotels are open in all seasons.
- Being a seashore location, the tourists on weekend getaways from Chennai to Pondicherry, can have a taste of the best delicacies from the sea such as prawn, lobsters, etc with most of the cuisine having a French tinge to it. The other items typical of the south Indian restaurants are available in most of the hotels and restaurants and road side stalls.
A tour of the different places of Pondicherry is not only refreshing but also quite educational about the culture of the French and gives an insight into the world of this small union territory of India. On covering the distance from Chennai to Pondicherry, people can see the exotic buildings and the pristine beaches and indulge themselves in shopping, delicacies and many other activities on the beaches while staying in the calm surrounding and comfortable accommodation at Pondicherry. A tour of the city itself fills the memories with the best of the offers that the city has to provide.