Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Chennai to Mahabalipuram
Weekend getaways from Chennai to Mahabalipuram are a perfect trip for the tourists to see the congregation of architectural brilliance and natural beauty which is found in this historic city of Mahabalipurm in the Kancheepuram district of Tamil Nadu. Tourists covering the distance from Chennai to Mahabalipuram can see the temples and rock cut structures showcasing the events from the Mahabharata. The array of shrines and temples that are found in this place are shaped in form of temples and there are many relics and rock structures that, it requires people to stay in the accommodation at Mahabalipuram and visit the different sculpted masterpieces. The influences that are imbibed in these structures are from the history and the rulers of those days which is quite clearly evident to the people coming on weekend break from Chennai to Mahabalipuram. The monuments by the Pallava kings and the Buddhist influence is clearly seen and would appear as marvels to the people coming on weekend getaways from Chennai to Mahabalipuram. Along with all these brilliantly carved monuments, the modern city established by the british are also quite beholding to the eyes and can be appreciated by finding an accommodation at Mahabalipuram.
For tourists wishing to cover the distance from Chennai to Mahabalipuram of 58 kms is quite easy when they plan for the weekend break from Chennai to Mahabalipuram.
- Along the aerial route, the travelers can reach to Chennai which has domestic and international airports and is one of the biggest metro cities of India.
- This allows major connections of almost all domestic and many international airlines which brings people from all over to the city of Chennai and then to Mahabalipuram.
- The distance from Chennai to Mahabalipuram can be then reached by rail or road.
- The nearest railways station is at Chenglapattu, 29 kms away and at Chennai where all the major trains of south India converge.
- The road links from different parts of the country come to Chennai and nearby cities connect directly to Mahabalipuram.
- People taking the weekend getaways from Chennai to Mahabalipuram can hire taxis or travel in buses which are quite readily and frequently available.
The city of Mahabalipuram is one of the most attractive places with the large numbers of monuments and sculpted structures that attracts huge number of tourists to visit the various places of importance.
- The large rock shaped like a whale’s back, with many figures of gods, men, beasts and birds, is known as the Arjuna’s Penance and is the pride of Mahabalipuram as well as India.
- The famous five Rathas is a must visit site which are five monolithic temples crafted in different styles and are modeled like chariots and has influence from the Mahabharata.
- People coming on the weekend getaways from Chennai to Mahabalipuram have the chance to see one of the oldest temples in south India based on Dravidian style architecture which goes by the name of Shore temple and makes for a great view in the floodlit nights.
- A visit to the open air theatre of Tiger’s cave lets people revisit the cultural heritage of Tamilnadu and the model village of Dakshinachitra built by the ministry of culture is a great place to visit and look at the lifestyle and history of the core of the south Indian states.
- The town of Kanchipuram is a pilgrimage place for a lot of people which houses many exquisite temples and is also famous for the finest silk sarees of India.
- When people stay in the accommodation at Mahabalipuram, they can visit the Vedanthangal bird sanctuary, which is India’s largest bird home.
- Tirukkalikundram, 14 kms away and a place with temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Muttukkadu, a picnic spot, are some of the other places to visit during the weekend break from Chennai to Mahabalipuram.
- The crocodile bank is a wildlife enthusiast’s place to visit for the exotic and a number of species of crocodile that are found conserved here and also has a snake venom extraction place, very popular among the tourists.
- Since, the city is located along the Coromandel Coast, the beaches in Kovalam are another place to visit and indulge in many water sport related activities.
The location and the popularity of this city of Mahabalipuram leave no chance for a dearth of accommodation at Mahabalipuram and so there are many hotels for tourists covering the distance from Chennai to Mahabalipuram.
- For the economic traveler, Hotel Highland Blue Bay, Lakshmi Lodge and cottages, Highland Shoreline, Hotel Mamallaa Heritage, etc are some of the budget hotels in this tourist city.
- Hotel Sea Breeze, Indeco Hotel, etc, are some of the medium range accommodation at Mahabalipuram.
- Those visitors on weekend break from Chennai to Mahabalipuram have the option of luxury hotels and resorts such as Hotel Golden Sun, Hotel GRT Temple Bay, Ideal Beach resort, Mamallaa beach resort, Silversands beach resort, Chariot Beach resorts, etc.
Season to Visit
- The best season to visit and stay in accommodation at Mahabalipuram to soak in the magnificence of the exotic statues and monuments is in the winter from November to February.
Tourists who have come for the weekend getaways from Chennai to Mahabalipuram and are staying in the accommodation at Mahabalipuram can move from one place to another and visit the different tourist sites by private buses or tourists buses, private cars or taxis, auto rickshaws, the rented motorbikes and finally by walking to some places which are within a kilometer or so.
- As itself, south Indian dishes are quite famous among people who come to these areas and the specialty is the spices which are compulsory with most of the delicacies.
- Mamalla Bhavan is well known to serve the delicious Veg Thali where cuisines of a lot of types are available and moreover is quite affordable.
- The foreign tourists are known to flock Moonrakers restaurant, where the menu is full of western and Indian, veg and non-veg delicacies.
- Also, the vegetarian thalis of the Sri Ananda Bhavan restaurant are quite favorite, among the tourists traveling the distance from Chennai to Mahabalipuram.
- Besides, these mentioned places, most of the hotels and restaurants also serve various items of different regions including north Indian foods and are quite adorably consumed by tourists.
When tourists visit the city of Mahabalipuram, an amalgamation of south Indian culture and tradition with modern amenities, greet them with the entire splendor which fills them with awe inspiring memories that they can take back from the weekend break from Chennai to Mahabalipuram. The rock cut structures are things to marvel at and many other places can be seen when people stay in the large number of accommodation at Mahabalipuram. The people are quite hospitable and the ambience is serene which invites the tourists to visit again and again