Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Bangalore to Mysore
With a name derived from the mythological Mahishasura, the city of Mysore is situated at the base of a hill range of Chamundi and provides a perfect place for the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Mysore. Since ages now, the famous Dusherra festival has become synonymous with the glory of Mysore city which is well reflected when people come here after traveling the distance from Bangalore to Mysore. Besides the history, the city of Mysore has a lot in store for the visitors who find an accommodation at Mysore and visit different places. Some specialties like a sweet dish, paintings, silk dressing, etc have made Mysore, of the cleanest city in India to be a favorite destination for weekend break from Bangalore to Mysore.
- The city of Mysore lies 146 kms from Bangalore to the southwest side and is easily accessible from many other parts of the country by rail, road and air.
- Bangalore is the nearest international airport with well linked flights to almost all the major cities of India which makes it easier for the tourists to travel the distance from Bangalore to Mysore after landing at Bangalore airport.
- Trains are many in number which shuttle between Bangalore and Mysore and can easily bring people for the weekend break from Bangalore to Mysore.
- Mysore is connected by road to major cities nearby by national and state highways where a number of bus services of both government and private operators ply.
- Since, the distance from Bangalore to Mysore can be covered in a time of 3 hours approximately, weekend getaways from Bangalore to Mysore are easily planned and that too frequently.
- The best time to go to Mysore is during the winter months when the Dusherra festival is celebrated with the most splendors during October.
- Besides being a soothing cool climate, the cultural and festive season is at its peak during this period.
Getting into an accommodation at Mysore is considered a necessity due to the plethora of sightseeing places that the tourists can get a chance to see.
- To this end, a number of hotels of different ranges are found for the guests who arrive after traveling the distance from Bangalore to Mysore.
- The medium range hotels are Hotel Adhi Manor, Jade Garden, Hotel Siddharth, Nalapad Residency, Kings Kourt, The President, etc.
- For the travelers seeking luxury accommodation at Mysore, Hotel Sandesh The Prince, PRS Calm Private Residence, Pal Vista, Water Woods, etc are some of the places to stay during the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Mysore.
- Mysore Hotel Complex, Hotel Royal Inn, The Roost, Hotel Vyshak international, Ritz Hotel, Hotel Airlines, etc are few of the budget hotels for the economic traveler.
Sight Seeing Places
The things to see in Mysore is too vast but an interested tourist would be able to see the most important places and things of interest such as carvings, silk dresses, crafts etc.
- Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, built with woods is now a museum and a place to see to know about the majestic style of living.
- The mortal remains of Tipu Sultan was kept in a place which is another monument of importance and is known as the Gumbaz.
- The Ranganathaswamy temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu in sleeping posture on the Snake is an example of the architectural skill of the erstwhile rulers.
- The St Philomena’s church is a must visit place with its imposing Glass Windows and towers is a perfect example of the medieval architecture and is in the list of travelers on a weekend break from Bangalore to Mysore.
- The art gallery at Jaganmohan Palace is famous for its gold leaf paintings which are well known in many parts of the world.
- Nature lovers who have come and found an accommodation at Mysore, can visit the Chamundi hills which also has myths and legends surrounding them.
- The world famous gardens on the terrace and a number of fountains are a sight to behold in the night, especially which attracts thousands of travelers who travel the distance from Bangalore to Mysore.
- One cannot but travel to Mysore palace which shows how beautiful the architecture of those days were designed to be standing till date.
- Many endangered species are found in many varieties in the Sri Chamarajendra Zoological garden which was built in 19th century.
- The Srirangapatnam fort and The Obelisk at Srirangapatnam are other attractions in regards to the monuments.
- The state run buses, inside and to the outside, are quite easy and cheap and are available at frequent intervals.
- The auto rickshaws are also found commuting to different parts of the city and are cheap when run with the meter reading and they can help in a better sightseeing of different places as these places are quite near to the town.
- Jhutka Gaadi or horse driven carriages are also a means of transportation, albeit for enjoyment.
- Besides, there are plenty of private taxis and four wheelers for rent which can give a complete guided tour of the city and its different sight seeing places.
- Mysore Pak is a sweet dish and is a specialty of this region which is famous all over the country which people can enjoy during their weekend break from Bangalore to Mysore.
- South Indian dishes are common which are mostly related to the tiffin items and are available in every nook and corner for the taste buds.
- Some special dishes are Bisibele Baath made of rice and lentils with spices, Raagi and Akki Rotis which are made of millet flour along with some other spicy ingredients, Raagi Mudde which is a staple diet in many regions of the state.
The trip to Mysore is quite memorable due to the wide range of sightseeing places which tourists can easily see after staying at the accommodation at Mysore. The weekend getaways from Bangalore to Mysore are quite often taken up by people to escape the hectic life of city and see a city which is rich with natural sceneries and historical monuments and a city where the tradition and culture of the state has been well maintained.