Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Bangalore to Coorg
Tourists, who are coming for weekend getaways from Bangalore to Coorg, are sure to have a great holiday experience in the hill station district of Coorg. After traveling the distance from Bangalore to coorg, it is a place to enjoy the lush green teak wooded valleys, the natural scenic beauty of the hills in the Western Ghats of India. the cool surroundings at the height of 3500 ft is a perfect place for accommodation at Coorg so that people can visit the nearby places full of ancient history and modern buildings during the weekend break from Bangalore to Coorg. The surrounding gives a perfect match for the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Coorg and provides the visitors with a everlasting impression of the coffee plantations, the greenery and natural sightseeing places which have earned the name of Scotland of India, Kashmir of the south, etc.
Places to Visit
- Coorg is one of the most attractive destinations of India and very beautiful when it comes to the hills stations.
- Located in the state of Karnataka, it is one of the common places for the weekend break from Bangalore to Coorg.
- People who are traveling the distance from Bangalore to Coorg are in for a real treat with the scenic surroundings and monuments dedicated to the number of south Indian dynasties like Kadambas, Gangas, Cholas etc.
- Madikeri is the district headquarters of Coorg as well as a town on the Sahyadri mountains which is a great place to have an accommodation at Coorg to experience the cold climate in the area.
- Madikeri Fort is a breathtaking view provider of the town of Madikeri, housing a Chapel, a museum, a prison and a temple inside the premises, and provides a great place to visit after traveling the distance from Bangalore to Coorg.
- For the wildlife enthusiasts, the Nagarahole national park with the array of animals like elephants, tigers, leopards, bison, spotted deer, and many other exotic animals and birds is a perfect place to visit during the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Coorg.
- Since, in history, the kings of this area spent their evenings at this place, the garden and waterfalls in Raja’s seat at Madekari are quite an attractive feature of the city of Coorg.
- Tourists who get to stay in the accommodation at Coorg, have a beautiful scenery in the Iruppu falls which also harbors a Hindu temple which is dedicated to Lord Rama.
- The Abbey falls amidst the widespread coffee plantation, is a famous waterfall as well as a picnic spot.
- The very important river of Cavery arises from Talacauvery at a distance of 44 kms from Coorg is also a religious site for people traveling the distance from Bangalore to Coorg.
- One of the very well known temples in the Coorg region, the Omkareshwara temple, blends the Gothic and Islamic style along with the temple architecture that is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- For the tourists who take the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Coorg, the famous shrine of Bhagamandala near the merging site of Cauvery, Sujyoti and Kannike, which is known as the Triveni Sangama, is another beautiful place to visit.
- The elephant training centre at Coorg is one of the much liked places in this hill station with the Pushpagiri wildlife sanctuary housing a number of animals.
- From Bangalore, the distance to Coorg is 250 kms which can be easily traveled in buses or jeeps which can be even privately owned.
- The nearest airport is at Mangalore which is around 135 kms from the hill station with many private airlines having their flights from various destinations in India and outside.
- Though tourists cannot access trains directly to Coorg, they can have their weekend break from Bangalore to Coorg by traveling to the station of Mysore, 146 kms away, well joined to many other cities.
- There are other cities with railway stations, like Hassan, Mangalore and Tellicheri which is near to coorg.
- Besides, there are also the buses plying the distance from Bangalore to Coorg directly.
Season to Visit
- The best time to visit and stay at the accommodation at Coorg is from March to May where the summers in the plains is completely contrasted by the pleasant chilly temperatures of the hill station.
- The monsoons are also good for the nature lovers when the greens are charmed by the rainfall.
- Winters are also a good time for the holiday enthusiasts to travel the distance from Bangalore to Coorg and is also a good time for visiting various sightseeing places.
- Most of the sightseeing places in Coorg and its surrounding are located within a radius of 30 kms with lots of coffee plantations in between.
- These distances can be easily covered by the auto rickshaws, jeeps on hire, and small buses besides the private cars.
- Some places are there which can be traveled on foot and feels great walking in the sublime coldness of the hill station, usually when people stay in the accommodation at Coorg.
A lot of eating places with vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies in Coorg provides its visitors with a lot of options of eating out. Kadumbuttu made of rice, Koli or chicken curry, Nool Puttu or rice noodles, Bamboo shoot curry and Votti or rice Roti are some of the very famous delicacies of this region.
- Coorg, being a very famous hill station, has a number of staying options of different price ranges, for the tourists taking the weekend break from Bangalore to Coorg.
- The Green Cove Home Stay, Jungle Mount Adventure, Priyadarshini home stay, Kings cottage, Kaveri Estate Stay, etc are a few of the budget hotels.
- For the tourists wanting the average range hotels, Kibbeil holiday retreat, Coorg Hallimane, Hotel Kannika International, Malma home stay, Paddy Valley, etc are some of the option.
- Tata Coffee Holiday homes, Gowri Niwas, Jade hills, Green Hills estate, Valley View Resort, Dubare Inn resort, etc are the luxury accommodation at Coorg from which people can choose whatever they wish for.
People, who take the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Coorg, are sure to find a heaven, away from the humdrum of the city life which ensures a memorable experience. After staying in the accommodation at Coorg, the different places to visit around the hill station and the lush carpet of coffee plantation, with the scenic surrounding beauty, is a perfect place to be in during the holidays. As people take the weekend break from Bangalore to Coorg, the ambience of the place rejuvenates the mind and body and gives an unending pleasure for the guests who have traveled the distance from Bangalore to Coorg.