Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Bangalore to Chikmaglur
Entirely made out of stories and legends of the past, the city of chkmaglur in Karnataka is primarily a hill station for people coming for weekend getaways from Bangalore to Chikmaglur. Along with the lush greeneries of the hills among which is the highest peak of Mullayanagiri of the Western Ghats in Karnataka, people covering the distance from Bangalore to Chikmaglur get o visit various natural sightseeing places such as waterfalls, sanctuaries and its history. The accommodation at Chikmaglur is a reflection of the 17th century kings who gave importance to the buildings and so many hotels that are available for the tourists on weekend break from Bangalore to Chikmaglur are built in the old colonial style. The green cover of coffee plantations, the origin of few of the famous south Indian rivers, etc are the major tourist attractions also, during the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Chikmaglur.
- Covering the distance from Bangalore to Chikmaglur is quite easy and comfortable as the tourists have to cover about 250 kms along well linked roads and rails and in good vehicles.
- The national highway number 206 connects this hill station to Bangalore and private taxis and personal vehicles can be used to commute as well as in buses that are plied by the private and government agencies.
- Although, there is no direct rail communication to the city of Chikmaglur, people can still reach the final distance from nearby railway stations by road.
- The nearest airports are at Mangalore, Bangalore and Hubli from where people coming in for weekend break from Bangalore to Chikmaglur can transport by road, although the new airport being planned at Marle would be more accessible for the tourists.
Places to Visit
After the tourists settle down well in the accommodation at Chikmaglur, they can move around to see many places which are not only beautiful but give an ethereal quality to the famous hill station.
- The Baba Budan range is one of the highest peaks in India and provides the people with the charms of a hill station.
- The architectural brilliance of Hoysala and Dravidian styles is seen in the Kondadarama temple which people can see during the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Chikmaglur.
- The pilgrim temple of Vidyashankara is a major attraction with the 12 zodiac pillars with the sun rays marking each pillar in the 12 months of the years.
- Similarly, the St. Joseph’s Cathedral has sightseeing significance due to the eye catching shell shaped portico and is famous place to be visited by people covering the distance from Bangalore to Chikmaglur.
- The nature lovers can marvel at the large number of animals and birds in the Bhadra wildlife sanctuary situated 38 kms from chikmaglur and at Kudremukh national park.
- Another hill station of attraction is the Kemmanagundi, located in the Baba Budan hill range and is a great spot for picnickers and hill station lovers with its myriad of waterfalls and sceneries.
- At a little further distance of 95 kms from the city, is another hill station of Kudremukh which overlooks the Arabian Sea and is well known for its mountain climbing activities due to the deep valleys and steep cliffs.
- The very famous temple of 800 years of Amrutheswara is located in a small village of Tarikere and is a must visit site by the tourists coming on weekend break from Bangalore to Chikmaglur.
- The waterfalls of Manikyadhara, Hebbe, Kallathigiri, etc in and around Chikmaglur can be visited in a couple of days that people stay in the accommodation at Chikmaglur.
The best time to visit this serene hill station is from September to March where the temperature is cool and pleasant to stay in the accommodation at Chikmaglur.
With so many tourists coming into the hill station for their weekend break from Bangalore to Chikmaglur, it is required that there has to be adequate accommodation at Chikmaglur and that too of different varieties.
- The budget hotels that are available for the tourists on weekend getaways from Bangalore to Chikmaglur are The Planters Court Hotel, Krisha Residency, Hotel OLV palace, Hotel Kounteya, Malnad Paradise, etc.
- Hotels such as Hotel Raj Mahal, Ozone Valley, Devigiri Home Stay, Eagle Eye Holiday Home, etc are medium range hotels for the economic travelers.
- The luxury hotels of The Sarai, Hoonkal Woods Bungalow, Tex Woods resort, Winter Green Eco resorts, etc, are available for the extravagant tourists who wish for a lavish stay in the accommodation at Chikmaglur.
Due to the hilly terrain, local jeeps and buses are the best means to move from one sightseeing place to another and these are available at affordable costs and are also quite easy modes of communication. Due to the large coffee plantations that are found, cabs and jeeps are preferable over auto rickshaws and other light vehicles.
The beautiful and serene locales of Chikmaglur are inviting enough for the tourists to cover the distance from Bangalore to Chikmaglur so that they can have a time of their life. The hill stations and the valleys with the green covering are the ultimate in scenic beauty and with accommodation at Chikmaglur with great comfort, the trip during the weekend break from Bangalore to Chikmaglur can refresh the soul and body from the hectic lifestyle of the cities.