Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Ayurveda Vacations
- Family Vacations in India
- Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Andaman and Nicobar Island Honeymoon Packages
- Coorg Honeymoon Packages
- Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages
- Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages
- Goa Honeymoon Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- Lakshadweep Island Honeymoon Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Packages
- Mussoorie Honeymoon Packages
- Nainital Honeymoon Packages
- Ooty Honeymoon Packages
- Shimla Honeymoon Packages
- Honeymoon Package Providers
- International Honeymoon Packages
- Bangkok Honeymoon Packages
- Dubai Honeymoon Packages
- Gold Coast Honeymoon Packages
- Hong Kong Honeymoon Packages
- Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
- Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
- Melbourne Honeymoon Packages
- Singapore Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
- Sydney Honeymoon Packages
- Thailand Honeymoon Packages
- Domestic Honeymoon Packages
- Spa Vacations
- Spa Destinations
- Spa Resorts
- Ananda Spa in the Himalayas Rishikesh
- Cambay Spa and Resort in Jaipur
- KayaKalp ITC Mughal in Agra
- Madhuban Resort and Spa Vallah Vidyanagar Gujarat
- Maya Spa Kumarakom
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Gangtok
- Suryavilas Spa Resort Packages Solan
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa Udaipur
- Taj Malabar Jiva Spa Cochin
- Timber Trail Moksha Spa in Kalka
- Wildflower Hall Spa Shimla
- Weekend Getaways
- Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
- Weekend Getaways From Chandigarh
- Weekend Getaways from Chennai
- Weekend Getaways from Delhi
- Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
- Weekend Getaways from Kolkata
- Weekend Getaways from Lucknow
- Weekend Getaways from Ludhiana
- Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
Weekend Getaways from Bangalore to Bandipur
Weekend break from Bangalore to Bandipur is something that people love to go for after a busy week. Even a journey to celebrate and pass some quality time with friends and family can be taken by driving the distance from Bangalore to Bandipur or even can stay for a couple of days in the accommodation at Bandipur. The primary attraction of the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Bandipur is the forest park where wild animals can be seen in the freedom of the nature. A safari in Bandipur national park is a treat for the animal lovers when they see the tigers and many other animals basking in the open spaces and among the trees and buses.
- Bandipur area in the district of Chamrajanagar, was established in 1931 as a wildlife centre by the maharajas of Mysore by extending the Venugopal wildlife sanctuary and is situated in the Nilgiris ranges.
- The admiration of the breathtaking beauty is incomplete without the safari in the forest range which is mainly drained by the Kabini, Moyar and Nugu rivers apart from the streams which make the stay in the accommodation at bandipur, more interesting.
- Presently the Nilgiri biosphere reserve confines the area of Bandipur. The government of India initiative to protect the endangered species has led to the project tiger.
- But a weekend break from Bangalore to Bandipur lets people see other animals like elephants, hornbill, deer, wild dog, giant squirrel, partridges, sambar and many other wild animals.
- Four horned antelope, panther, mouse deer, python, sloth bear, pea fowl and some others are found and are among the endangered species also.
- While passing through the Mysore-Bandipur highway along the reserve forest, people can spot deer and elephant herds and so it is popularly called as main road safari.
- Besides, people who are interested can take a trekking trip along the sanctuary which is open to public with permission by authorities along the Kullanabetta camp and Moyar gorge trail.
- The weekend getaways from Bangalore to Bandipur can be taken by road with paid taxis or buses run by KSRTC or private operators.
- Bandipur national park falls along the highway of Mysore-Ooty. After reaching Bangalore by air or rail or road, the Mysore expressway to Mysore and then along the Ooty road from Mysore where a place called Gundulpet is located.
- The Bandipur national park is just after this point.
- The distance from Mysore to Bandipur is 80 kms. The distance from Bangalore to Bandipur is 215 kms, southwest of Bangalore which takes 5 hours.
- The state bus fare for the trip of weekend getaways from Bangalore to bandipur would be Rs 150 while from Mysore to Bandipur, it costs around Rs 75.
- Private bus and taxi fares vary according to the comfort and type of vehicle.
- For a weekend break from Bangalore to Bandipur, the whole year except the monsoon season is ideal.
- But the best timing for sightseeing and animal sightings is early summer from March to May.
- From November to January is good time to view the migratory birds like grey jungle Fowl, Quail, Paradise Fly-catcher, Woodpecker, Kingfisher, Drongo, Oriole, Minivet, Crested Hawk Eagle, and many more.
- Trekking plans and accommodation at Bandipur can be best enjoyed after the rains are over up to the time when summer sets in so that the real jungle charm is enjoyed.
Within reachable distances, from Bandipur are the Rajiv Gandhi national park at Nagarhole, Madhumalai sanctuary at Moyar which is 12 kms, Silent valley, Bandipur Wynaad and Gopalaswamy Betta, a hill point from where the view is worth the drive through meandering roads, 20 kms towards Mysore from Bandipur.
Since the weekend break from Bangalore to Bandipur is a perfect one, the accommodations at Bandipur are kept in varying types for the different requirements and choices by people. Starting from 5 star hotels to more economic classes of accommodations are found. If the distance from Bangalore to Bandipur has been covered in the evening, people can stay at the accommodations at Bandipur and do their activities and safari the next day.
- There are few good places like the Tusker Trails, which is quite old and is present in Mangala village in the wilderness with a jungle lodge feel.
- Dholes den is a new logde but still quite ecofriendly and deep in the jungle.
- The Bandipur safari lodge of the jungle lodges chain is a bit on the outside towards Gundulpet so that the right on the middle feel is absent.
- The Cicada is a luxury jungle lodge of the top end category and has good stylish living conditions and good wildlife experience.
- Bandipur forest department cottages are quite economical and managed by the forest department.
- Another good place to stay during the weekend getaways from Bangalore to Bandipur is at the MC resorts on the outskirts of the national park.
- Besides the restaurant in the Bandipur safari lodge, many small roadside dhabas are present where people can taste variety of cuisines. The individual hotels and accommodations at Bandipur also have their own food servings.
It is one of those times when going the distance from Bangalore to Bandipur, people are in for a surprising vacation, where things are so beautiful and pleasurable that forgetting the weekend break from Bangalore to Bandipur is almost impossible. People would want to come again and again when they get time to stay in the accommodations at Bandipur and feel the jungle ambience with their mind and heart.