Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Trekking Tours
- Trekking Tours Garhwal
- Trekking Tours Himachal
- Trekking Tours Jammu And Kashmir
- Trekking Tours Kumaon
- Trekking Tours Ladakh
- Trekking Tours Nepal
- Trekking Tours Sikkim
- Trekking Tours Tibet
Markha Valley Trekking
Want to visit “Little Tibet” then traversing across Markha Valley presents you with the perfect opportunity. Markha Trekking will take you to the one of the highest inhabited plateaus in India. Trekking in Markha will give you an opportunity to see mighty himalyan, zanskar and ladakh ranges. You can also sit on yaks, meet locals lighting up butter lamps in monastery and see a hue of brightly colored flags swaying in breeze while you undertake Markha Trek.
Before you start Trekking in Markha you need to stay in the city of Leh to get acclimatized to the harsh weather conditions presented by the Markha Valley. Markha Trekking expedition sees you crossing three main passes of the Markha Valley namely Kagmaru La, Gandla and Stok La. The highlight of Markha Trek however would be camping at the plains of Nimaling nestled closed to Kang-Yutzed peak.
Here at www.smartmusafir.com you can get complete details about Markha Trekking tour such as the best time to visit Markha Valley, Markha Trek itinerary and what should you carry while Trekking in Markha so that you have a comfortable trip.
Markha Trek Itinerary
There are different kinds of Markha Trekking expeditions that can be undertaken. There are some tracks for Trekking in Markha that can be climbed only by experienced mountaineers while there are also Markha Trek that could be completed by amateurs.
Here we are presenting you with a 10 day Markha Valley tour which is of easy to moderate intensity.
- Day 1 of your Markha Trekking Tour would see you arriving at Leh and resting at the guesthouse to get adjusted to the high altitude condition present at the Markha Valley.
- Day 2 of Markha Valley exploration would see you visiting monasteries located close to Leh. Trekking in Markha will take you to 500 year old monastery at shey, Hemis and Thiksey.
- Day3 of Markha Trek will see you driving to Spitok and then walking to Zinchen
- Day5-6 of Markha Trek will take you to Zinchen to Yurutse and then skiu
- Day 7 of Trekking in Markha will take you to the quaint village of Markha that contains ancient fort ruins
- Day 7-8 of the Markha Trekking expedition will take you climbing from Markha to Thochuntse to Nimaling which is at the height of 4700m
- Day 9 of Markha Valley expedition will see you climbing at the height of 5150m to Kongmaru La
- Day 10 of Markha Trek begins with a decent to Hemis and then to Leh from where you board a flight to Delhi.
Tourist Places to Include in Your Markha Trek Itinerary
Along with Markha Trek you can explore the city of Leh and Ladakh. Enjoy local cuisine, monastery and find pashmina at pocket friendly prices.
Where to Stay During Markha Trekking Tour
Before you begin exploring Markha Valley, the initial couple of days you would be staying in a guesthouse in leh for acclimatization. Tents would be provided by every Markha Trekking expedition provider during your every halt later on. You just need to carry a pair of clothes, warmers, medications in your knapsack.
How to Reach Markha Trek Base Camp
The only way to begin your Trekking in Markha is by catching a flight to Leh from Delhi or Chandigarh. The road journey from Chandigarh to Leh can prove to be quite strenuous and should be avoided.
Best time to take Markha Trekking expedition
Markha Trekking Tour can be undertaken from May to October
Category of trekking- moderate