Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Trekking Tours
- Trekking Tours Garhwal
- Trekking Tours Himachal
- Trekking Tours Jammu And Kashmir
- Trekking Tours Kumaon
- Trekking Tours Ladakh
- Trekking Tours Nepal
- Trekking Tours Sikkim
- Trekking Tours Tibet
Ladakh Zanskar Trekking
Ladakh Zanskar is an ancient Himalayan Kingdom located in the northwest Himalayan ranges. Zanskar Valley lies between the majestic Indian Himalayas and Indus valley and is inhabited by about 10,000 people staying at isolated location. Ladakh Zanskar Trek is considered to be one of the most strenuous trek that is spread across 3 weeks with each day Zanskar Trekking team covering almost 20-30km on foot.
Zanskar Valley will provide you the perfect opportunity to enjoy the culture of cheerful and hardy Zanskari people who live in inaccessible setting. Ladakh Zanskar Trek starts at Lamayuru Gompa and takes the Zanskar Trekking team through 4 high passes before reaching the capital of Ladakh Zanskar, Padum.
Eager to undertake Ladakh Zanskar Trek then here at www.smartmusafir.com we are ready to provide you will all the important information about Zanskar Trekking tour, how to reach Ladakh Zanskar and what to expect when you reach Zanskar Valley so that you can plan your travel more efficiently.
Ladakh Zanskar Trek Itinerary
There are different kinds of Zanskar Trekking expeditions that can be undertaken. There are some tracks for Ladakh Zanskar that can be climbed only by experienced mountaineers while there are also Ladakh Zanskar Trek that could be completed by amateurs.
Here we are presenting you with a 11 day Zanskar Valley tour which is of easy to moderate intensity.
- Day 1 of your Zanskar Trekking Tour will see you travelling from Delhi to Chandigarh and finally to Manali and then Darcha where the base camp for Ladhak Zanskar Trek is located.
- Day 2 of Zanskar Valley exploration would see you climbing from Darcha to Pa Lahmo which is the first village in Ladakh Zanskar
- Day3 of Ladakh Zanskar Trek will take you from Pa Lahmo to Zanskar Sumdo
- Day5-6 of Ladakh Zanskar Trek will take you to Zanskar Sumdo to Chumik Nakpo and later to Shinghlo Pass
- Day 7 of Ladakh Zanskar trek will see you climbing to Kargil
- Day 7-8 of the Zanskar Trekking expedition will take you climbing from kargil to Purni and Phutkal
- Day 9-10 of Zanskar Valley expedition will see you climbing descending to Pipula and then Rari
- Day 11of Ladakh Zanskar Trek begins with a decent to Raru to Padam, the capital of Ladakh Zanskar. The trek ends here
The return journey from Padam to Kargil and back to Leh is generally covered using a jeep.
Tourist Places to include in your Ladakh Zanskar Trek itinerary
Along with Ladakh Zanskar Trek you can explore the city of Leh and Ladakh. Enjoy local cuisine, monastery and find pashmina at pocket friendly prices. You can also plan a stopover at Himachal city of kullu manali and enjoy local sightseeings
Where to Stay During Zanskar Trekking Tour
Tents would be provided by every Zanskar Trekking expedition provider during your every halt later on. You just need to carry a pair of clothes, warmers, medications in your knapsack.
How to Reach Ladakh Zanskar Trek Base Camp
Air: Delhi is the nearest international airport while Chandigarh is the closest airport to Manali
Rail: Chandigarh is the nearest airport
Road: The base camp of darcha is connected via bus services flying from Chandigarh, manali and other himachal cities.
Best time to take Zanskar Trekking expedition
Zanskar Trekking Tour can be undertaken from May to October
Category of trekking- Tough and strenous