Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Trekking Tours
- Trekking Tours Garhwal
- Trekking Tours Himachal
- Trekking Tours Jammu And Kashmir
- Trekking Tours Kumaon
- Trekking Tours Ladakh
- Trekking Tours Nepal
- Trekking Tours Sikkim
- Trekking Tours Tibet
Nanda Devi Trekking
Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek was called by Sir Edmund Hillary as the training ground for greater adventures in India. Only a part of this great national park is available for Trekking in Nanda Devi because of the high ecology damage that was caused to the reserve due to earlier Nanda Devi Trekking attempts. Nanda Devi Trek follows a route that was taken by Shipton and Tilman in 1930’s.
Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek follows a path that is full of lovely meadows and picturesque valley that borders the western region of this sanctuary. Trekking in Nanda Devi may not take you to the height of majestic Himalayas but the path covered during Nanda Devi Trekking is certainly more fascinating. Trekking in Nanda Devi is also considered by many as a holy pilgrimage because Nanda Devi range is considered to be an abode of gods.
Here at www.smartmusafir.com we provide you with complete details about Trekking in Nanda Devi, path to be followed during Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek, best season to go for Nanda Devi Trek and how to reach the base camp of Nanda Devi Trekking expedition.
Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek Itinerary
There are different kinds of Nanda Devi Trekking expeditions that can be undertaken. While Eastern Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek Tours that take you to the peak of these mighty mountains are only for the professional mountaineers, there are several other Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek tours that can be taken by amateurs.
Here is a 10 day itinerary that can be followed while Trekking in Nanda Devi
- Day 1 of your Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek would see you arriving at Joshimath/Rishikesh where you need to halt during the night.Day 2 of Nanda Devi Trekking expedition will take you to Lata village from Joshimath. At this destination you would spend lovely evening listening to local folk songs and tales
- Day3 of Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek will take you from lata village to lata khark.
- Day 4-5 of Nanda Devi Trek will take you to the highest peak that is the Dharansi Pass ( 4250m) where you will stay overnight before you begin your descent. You would spend the next day Trekking in Nanda Devi by going to Debrughata and coming back
- Day 6 of Nanda Devi Trek tour will see you descending to Hitoli campsite from Dharansi Pass
- Day 7 of the Nanda Devi Trekking expedition will see you reaching back to Joshimath from where you can drive to Rishikesh.
Tourist Places to Include in Your Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trek Itinerary
Along with Trekking in Nanda Devi you can also include a visit to the holy towns of rishikesh and haridwar in your Nanda Devi Trek itinerary.
Where to Stay During Nanda Devi Sanctuary Trekking Tour
Tents would be provided by every tour operator running Nanda Devi Trek during your every halt. You just need to carry a pair of clothes, warmers, medications in your knapsack.
How to Reach Nanda Devi Trekking Tour Base Camp
Air- Delhi is the nearest airport
Rail : Haridwar is the nearest railway station
Road: To start Trekking in Nanda Devi the base camp is located at Joshimath that is well
Connected By Bus Flowing Through Rishikesh
Best time to take Nanda Devi Trek
Go for Trekking in Nanda Devi from May to October
Category of trekking- tough