Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Royal Orient Train
The Royal Orient Train is a sojourn through the palatial grandeur of the Gujarat kingdom with the breath stopping monuments and architectural brilliance. The best of the Indian culture and heritage is seen in the Royal Orient Train route with the luxurious and personalized services from the attendants. The Royal Orient Train tour is organized jointly by the tourism corporation of Gujarat and Indian railways. With the availability of 13 coaches in the Royal Orient Train tariff, each named after an erstwhile kingdom of Rajputana, the journey along the Royal Orient Train route is an experience of Rajasthan and Gujarat. People, who make the Royal Orient Train booking, get to have clean cabin with plush décor and modern facilities along with the best of cuisines and drinks in the lounge present in the Royal Orient Train which also is equipped with a library.
• The Royal Orient Train travels in the specified Royal Orient Train route on every Wednesday starting from the Delhi Cantonment railway station during the months from September to April and consists of a period of 7 nights and 8 days.
• The Royal Orient Train tour starts from Delhi and covers various places in Rajasthan and Gujarat finally ending at Jaipur.
• The 1st day begins with the journey reaching on the 2nd day at Chittorgarh where attractions are Chittaur fort, Zanana Mahal, Rana Kumbha palace and many such structures and monuments of historical important at Udaipur like the lake Pichhola which sets the imagination afloat.
• The 3rd day in the Royal Orient Train booking takes people to the sun temple at Modhera which has significance not only for the local people but the architectural magnificence is par excellent.
• The next day of the Royal Orient Train tariff that is paid is worthy of the visit on 4th day to Ahmedabad where many a history of the Indian kingdom has been etched for people of all religions.
• A visit to the Gir forest on the 5th day, makes the Royal Orient Train tour more interesting where variety of animals besides the famous lion such as leopards, hyenas, the Indian sambar, spotted deer, blue bull and chinkara are seen.
• Along with this visit, the journey of Royal Orient Train takes a trip to the Ahmedpur-Mandvi junction where the beaches and the palaces are plenty.
• In between, the trip to Diu is also taken which is a very famous union territory and a beautiful landscape near Gujarat that people can enjoy by making the Royal Orient Train booking.
• In the Royal Orient Train tariff that people pay, the journey on the 5th day is to Palitana, the temple city where night halt is done and the 6th day of the visit is to the various temples at Palitana and the Jain temples at Ranekpur.
• The journey along the Royal Orient Train route reaches Jaipur on the 7th day where the history of the maharajas and many Mughal emperors is still echoed in the monuments that were built during their rule.
• Starting from Hawa Mahal to Jantar Mantar, every structure speaks volumes about the importance of culture and combination of architecture in daily life and after a view of these places, the Royal Orient Train chugs back to delhi giving the people who have made the Royal Orient Train booking, a memory to relish for long times to come.
• People who wished to travel in the exotically decorated Royal Orient Train had to pay the Royal Orient Train tariff which was worth the tour.
• There are different costs for months from October to march which is the on season while the costs varies for September and April which are considered as off season.
• For single occupancy, per night, the Royal Orient Train tariff is USD 350 per person, for double occupancy, it is 200 USD and triple occupancy USD 175 while the costs for the off season are USD 263, USD 150 and USD 132 for single, double and triple occupancy respectively.
• For children below 5 years of age, no cost is charged for the Royal Orient Train booking while for children from 5-12 years, 50% of the respective occupancy is charged.
• The price which the tourists pay for the Royal Orient Train tour is inclusive of catering, sightseeing, entrance fees at various sights and monuments, cultural programs, elephant ride and boat ride at Udaipur while the personal expenses are not covered by it.
• With different travel agencies giving out options for Royal Orient Train booking, their websites can be used to make the bookings.
• Also, the tourists can book tickets for the Royal Orient Train tour by visiting the site of www.irctc.co.in/ and registering themselves so as to make payments through credit, debit or ITZ cards.
• Even, travel agencies that are recognized by the railway tourism can give out bookings for the travel in the Royal Orient Train route.
Due to the glorious past of the erstwhile rajas and emperors of Rajasthan and a major part of India that is visible by a tour through the Royal Orient Train booking, a lot of people from India as well as from outside are interested in making this journey. The grandeur is clearly visible when traveling as well as when visiting the different sites in the tour itinerary. The experience is quite enriching for the tourists and becomes a cherished memory.