Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Palace On Wheels
It is said that palace on wheels is the ultimate word in rail tourism. The exoticness of the palace on wheels tour is something that attracts people from far and wide. The palace on wheels is a joint project of ministry of railways, Rajasthan tourism Development Corporation and government of India with support from the department of tourism, government of India. The palace on wheels booking since its inception in 1982 has been very high. With a feel of the palatial forts and luxurious living conditions, the palace on wheels route covers a major part of the Rajasthan and Agra.
• Included in the palace on wheels tariff is a tour of the various cities for a period of 8 days and 7 nights.
• People who make the palace on wheels booking get to travel extensively in the train where the palace on wheels route includes trip starting from Delhi cantonment rail station every Wednesday at 18.30 hours.
• The palace on wheels tour is then through Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Jodhpur and finally visiting Agra and reaching Delhi back again.
• With the palace on wheels tariff that people pay, the trip on palace on wheels takes people to see different monuments and sights of historical importance such as Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, a visit to Ranthambore national park, Chittorgarh fort, Jag palace and Jag Lake and the blue waters of Picchola lake.
• People are then allowed to have a visit to the different market places and see the artistry and finery of Rajasthan handicrafts with a later visit to Mehrangarh fort and other monuments of architectural excellence.
• The next visit on the palace on wheels route is to the beautiful places in Agra including Keoladeo Ghana national park and Taj Mahal.
Those who have made the palace on wheels booking are able to see most of the historical places as well as architecturally beautiful places along the way also as the steam rail chugs into different cities.
• The palace on wheels tour starts at 17.45 hours at Safdarjung New Delhi railway station after a warm welcome on Wednesdays of the months from September to April next year so that the remaining time is kept for maintenance of the palace on wheels.
• The palace on wheels tariff is 670, 500, 450 US dollar for single, double and triple occupancy for per person respectively.
• The rates for the palace on wheels tour would be half for children between 5 and 11 years and the service tax and commercial tax at the rate of 2.58% and 15 US dollars per person would be charged extra.
• The palace on wheels booking has a cancellation charge of 5% before 60 days and 100% before 30 days of departure.
• People wishing to go on the palace on wheels route can pay the 50% of the palace on wheels tariff during booking and the rest before 60 days of departure.
The experience of the palace on wheels is almost a dream like sequence with the ambience of the rajas and maharajas of yesteryears and those who go on the palace of wheels tour, actually, get that royal feeling. The palace on wheels has been a very innovative means to attract the tourists who are interested in visiting the architectural and historical beauty and sanctity of India.