Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Heritage on Wheels
The perfect place to make a trip to some of the unexplored areas of exotic Rajasthan, Heritage on Wheels is a meter gauge luxurious tourist train built in the same ambience that the erstwhile maharajas and emperors of India lived in. By making the Heritage on Wheels booking, people get to travel in luxury coaches that are richly decorated with the splendor of culture of Rajasthan which also is the coverage of Heritage on Wheels route. This luxurious Heritage on Wheels tour is an effort by the Indian railway, in association with the Rajasthan tourism department, to bring people and tourists from all over the world closer to the rich heritage of the Bikaner and Sekhawati region and culture. Along the tour, people get to visit some of the very famous places and enjoy the unmatched hospitality meted out in the Heritage on Wheels tariff that people give for the whole tour package. The Heritage on Wheels luxury train is equipped with accommodation in 14 luxury coaches with two washrooms in each. Not only the rooms are built on the lines of a palatial fort with intricate details on the walls and roofs, but the services which people get by the Heritage on Wheels booking are of great quality. The ‘khidmatgar’ as the attendants are called, are decked up in traditional clothing and serve food and drink in two restaurants named ‘Maharaja’ and ‘Maharani’ and in a bar with drinks for everyone and of every variety. Besides, people get to have luggage collection facility, indoor games, medical aid and water along the Heritage on Wheels route.
• With the Heritage on Wheels booking, people start their journey from Jaipur railway station where Heritage on Wheels runs twice in a week and is a schedule of 3 nights and 4 days covering many destinations like Bikaner, Tal Chhapar, Gajner, Shekhawati etc in Rajasthan.
• After a welcome of truly Indian nature, departure from Jaipur railway station is at 19.30 hours on the 1st night, and the next morning arrival is at Bikaner.
• In Bikaner, the breakfast is on board and the Heritage on Wheels tour consists then of sightseeing of the city and places like Jain temple, Bikaner fort, camel research farm, havelis and shopping in the local markets.
• In the next stop at Gajner where dinner is taken in the local places, the Heritage on Wheels goes on to Padihara, reaching there on the 3rd day morning.
• With the Heritage on Wheels booking, people are now able to see the tal Chhapar sanctuary and visit Ramgarh to have a sightseeing of Mehnsar.
• The lunch is at Mandawa castle where visits to mandawa havelis, cenotaphs and Nawalgarh sightseeing is included.
• The next point of visit in the Heritage on Wheels route is Jaipur which is reached on the 4th morning when the Heritage on Wheels tour ends at 8.00 am.
• With the charges of the Heritage on Wheels tariff, it is quite befitting for the tourists to see these sights which exude the cultural heritage of Rajasthan and India as a whole.
• The Heritage on Wheels tariff is divided into three types depending on the sharing of cabins and includes the charges of dining, entrance fee at various fixed tourist sites and guides along the Heritage on Wheels route.
• This Heritage on Wheels tariff doesn’t cover the cost of laundry, liquor and cameras.
• For single occupancy, the charges for the Heritage on Wheels booking is USD 300 per night or 12,500 INR, for double occupancy, the costs are 200 USD or 8500 INR per person while for triple occupancy, the costs for the Heritage on Wheels tour is 150 USD or 6500 INR per person.
• This tariff for Heritage on Wheels includes 10% surcharge during Christmas and New Year and is half the fare for children of age 5 to 12 years.
• The Heritage on Wheels booking is done through different travel agencies that are providing the Heritage on Wheels tour either online or visiting their offices.
• Many agencies have booking links with the Heritage on Wheels directly due to which they are able to provide the available coaches and seats on the train.
• Therefore the rules of booking are governed by the individual agencies.
A visit to the interiors of Rajasthan on the Heritage on Wheels is an exotic experience which is not usually visited by other tour trains. This makes the Heritage on Wheels tour a special one for those who prefer to see India’s glory in the havelies and wildlife in the sanctuaries.