Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Fairy Queen Train
When the Fairy Queen Train first rolled out in 1855 for the east India railway, a new record was in the making which finally, in the year 1997 made its way into the Guinness book of records and got the tourism award for being the oldest steam locomotive in the world. Those making the Fairy Queen Train booking are bound to get an experience which is exclusive from any other train journey with the fully air-conditioned chair car system with a capacity of 60 people when the steam train goes along the Fairy Queen Train route from Alwar to Sariska. It is the pristine decoration of the interior and the surrounding sceneries during the Fairy Queen Train tour which can be seen through the large glass windows which makes the Fairy Queen Train tariff worthy of the spending. Going in the heritage train itself is a thing that guarantees long term memories for each passenger and is a perfect weekend getaway for a couple of days where a separate pantry car serves the best of cuisines. The Fairy Queen Train runs on coal and has a broad gauge line under it. Although, the construction had finished much before and was an exhibit in national rail museum, its first commercial run for the Fairy Queen Train tour was in 18.07.1997.
• The complete tour is a 1 night 2 days journey from Delhi, through Alwar, Sariska and back to Delhi during which various scenic beauty and landscapes can be seen.
• The Fairy Queen Train starts at 8.30 hrs from Delhi cantonment station with lunch facilities in the comforts on board.
• After arriving at the always railway station along the Fairy Queen Train route, people who have made the Fairy Queen Train booking visit the Sariska sanctuary by air conditioned coach.
• Here, there is night halt arranged for all the passengers, at the hotel tiger den and food is served.
• The next day in the Fairy Queen Train tour itinerary consists of a jeep safari of the Sariska national park where breakfast is served.
• The return journey included in the itinerary involves travel by the train to Alwar railway station from where the route leads to Delhi railway station culminating the Fairy Queen Train tour.
• The tour to Alwar along this particular route has been kept to see many historical places such as Bala Quila, Vinay Vilas Mahal which is the city palace complex, tomb of Tarang Sultan, a beautiful lake and many other monuments reflecting the rule of the erstwhile maharajas and emperors.
• But the most important significance is its proximity to Sariska wildlife sanctuary which is the main attraction in the travel in Fairy Queen Train. The visit to Sariska tiger reserve with many famous tigers, leopards, jungle cat, hyena, jackal, wild dog, sambar, nilgai, chital, chusingha, wild boar and langur is a favorite among the tourists.
• There are many other species of birds also that are found in this reserve. This makes an interesting visit for the nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts to pay up the Fairy Queen Train tariff as it is worthy of the scenic beauty and the wildlife reserve stay.
• Besides the animal and bird sanctuary, Siliserh Lake inhabited by crocodiles and the Sariska palace also can be seen. Besides the tour part in the Fairy Queen Train booking, people also get enjoy the cultural program organized at the hotel tiger den.
• For full package booking, which includes, two way train journey with sight seeing and stay at Sariska, the Fairy Queen Train tariff for one adult is Rs. 10200 and Rs. 5100 for child 5-12 years of age.
• If the people are interested for going on a one way trip package along the Fairy Queen Train route between Delhi and Alwar and sight seeing but remaining back at Sariska, then Rs. 7100 for one adult and Rs. 3550 for one child is the charge.
• Those who want to take the Fairy Queen Train tour between Delhi and Alwar one way only are charged the Fairy Queen Train tariff of Rs. 3200 and for children is Rs. 1600 only.
The Fairy Queen Train tour includes all meals starting from breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee provided on board and also hotels. All transportation pickup, drop, sightseeing in AC coaches and the jungle safari in open jeeps for 5 people is arranged under the given costs. This doesn’t include anything of personal nature, transportation inside Delhi, entrance fees during sight seeing and other matters that are not specified.
• The Fairy Queen Train booking is operational on 2nd and 4th Saturday from the month of October to March.
• The schedule that is followed is departure from Delhi at 0900 hrs, arrival at Alwar at 1500 hrs.
• The next day of the tour starts from Alwar at 1300 hrs and reaches Delhi at 1845 hrs.
• The Fairy Queen Train tariff that is being charged is according to the itinerary picked by the travelers and includes the different inclusions as mentioned.
• The booking for the Fairy Queen Train tour is done at the official website of www.irctc.co.in/ and www.railtourismindia.com/ where one needs to register first to get a unique booking number.
• After that, the Fairy Queen Train tariff can be paid through different channels such as the credit cards, debit cards and even American express card.
• Another mode of payment is through the ITZ cash card and all these are done online. Even local tickets for the Fairy Queen Train booking are also done.
• The full cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking.
• The cancellation rules are under the particular Fairy Queen Train terms and conditions.
• People are not allowed any refund except when they are not able to travel due to unforeseen conditions for which 50% is refunded of the money for the Fairy Queen Train route if done 15 days before the trip and no refund if done after 15 days.
• In case the fairy queen train is not able to go due to technical reasons, the whole amount of the booking is returned except for 1% of handling charges.
With such beautiful places to see at Alwar and Sariska during the Fairy Queen Train tour, it becomes a perfect weekend visit with friends and families, so that everyone can enjoy the tour. The comfortable journey in the Fairy Queen Train route is also a great feature that has attracted many tourists to this train. It would be a memorable experience of traveling in the train more than what the scenic beauty on the outside fascinates the people for which the trip in Fairy Queen Train would be remembered.