Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Deccan Odyssey Train
- The primary purpose of the Deccan Odyssey Train is to showcase the magnificent beauty of the land of Marathas. People who do the Deccan Odyssey Train booking get to experience the pristine landscape of the Konkan coast, the temples and monuments which reflect the lively heritage of the kings of those era and the beautiful carvings of the history on rocks and monuments. The Deccan Odyssey Train route takes people through some of the best places in Maharashtra such as Sindhudurg, Aurangabad, Ellora and Ajanta caves, Chandrapur-Tadoba wildlife sanctuary, Tarkarji, Kolhapur, Wardha, Nashik and the financial capital Mumbai. The payment of the Deccan Odyssey Train tariff is miniscule when compared with the scenic beauty that people can enjoy along the Konkan coast, Western Ghats during the Deccan Odyssey Train tour. The Deccan Odyssey Train itself comprises of luxury par excellence with 21 coaches in all where 13 passenger cars are there. People can make bookings for the 11 passenger cars with 4 couples per coach and 2 presidential suite cars with 2 couples per coach. The rest includes conference, bar, pantry, spa, luggage and staff cars. The sojourn that people get to have along the Deccan Odyssey Train route is not only exotic but gives a fresh insight to the lavishness of the Indian culture and history.
The Deccan Odyssey Train tariff per person varies according to the occupancy. For Deccan Odyssey Train booking on single occupancy the rate is 650 USD, for double occupancy 500 USD and for triple occupancy is 425 USD.
- In case a child is extra within 5-11 yrs, the Deccan Odyssey Train tour shall be charged with 250 USD.
- Besides these charges of Deccan Odyssey Train tariff, 10% surcharge would be levied on departures during Christmas and New Year.
- A service charge of 2.58% is charged on and above the Deccan Odyssey Train tariff per person.
- The charges of this Deccan Odyssey Train booking are subject to change as per the discretion of the government rates.
- Booking Options
People who wish to go on the Deccan Odyssey Train route should book their tickets much in advance due to the heavy rush to see the grandeur of Maratha kingdom.
- Deccan Odyssey Train booking is quite easy but can be done only after registering oneself with the IRCTC one time.
- After that, the booking page for the Deccan Odyssey Train tour is opened and details about the number of passengers and the choice of passenger cars is filled in.
The Deccan Odyssey Train tariff is paid through credit cards belonging to Visa, Mastercard and American Express and also through ITZ cash cards online through the official portal of www.irctc.co.in/ or www.railtourismindia.com/
- The cancellation policy is also ruled by the terms and conditions of the Deccan Odyssey Train wherein people can get refund with 5% deduction if cancellation is done 60 days prior to departure and 100% deduction if cancellation is done within 14 days of departure of Deccan Odyssey Train and even for cancellation during the journey.
- Tour itinerary
- The Deccan Odyssey Train tour itinerary has been fixed to be of 7 days round trip starting from Mumbai every Wednesday.
- The season best suited to travel along the fixed route of Mumbai, Sindhudurg, Goa, Kolhapur, Aurangabad, Chandrapur with Tadoba wildlife sanctuary, Wardha, Jalgaon, Nashik and back again to Mumbai by making the Deccan Odyssey Train booking is from October to April.
Those who have paid the Deccan Odyssey Train tariff would get to see the detailed picture of the glory of Maratha kingdom and the culture of Maharashtra from up close as the 1st day begins from the boarding of the Deccan Odyssey Train at Chattrapati Shivaji terminus with a dinner to begin with.
- The 2nd morning is greeted with visit to Bhoke station among mountains and backwaters and Jaigad fort where the Konkan typical village life is seen followed by a visit to Ganapatipule which is a house of the lush green landscapes in the backdrop of the ocean and then a visit to the Ratnagiri hills.
- On the 3rd day, the Deccan Odyssey Train route includes visit to Sindhudurg which is reach by a boat where the marvels of the Konkani architecture scintillates the eyes and then the Deccan Odyssey Train tour goes on to the town of Tarkali where exotic handicrafts and cuisine await the visitors who have their Deccan Odyssey Train booking.
- With the amount paid in the Deccan Odyssey Train tariff, people now get into Goa where the Dona Paula beach awaits with all its grandeur of cuisine and titillating sceneries.
- No time is enough to absorb the splendor of Goa and its architectural amalgamation but still the 5th day is spent in Pune which is the abode of the culture of the state and has housed many a memorable history of Marathas and its people.
- A break from the Deccan Odyssey Train takes people on a bus ride to different monuments and places of importance including tribal museum, Agha khan palace, and the memoirs of the quit India movement.
- The merits of Deccan Odyssey Train booking is in the 6th day of the tour when people are taken to Aurangabad to visit the rich heritage of Mughal empire and the rock cut structural marvels of Ellora.
- On the 7th day of the Deccan Odyssey Train tour, visit by bus to Ajanta caves is done with stop over at Nashik to visit the Gangapur dam and sula winery.
- The culmination of the trip that was made by the Deccan Odyssey Train booking now comes at the Mumbai train station in the next morning in the Deccan Odyssey Train.
A glimpse of the rich culture and heritage of the architectural and traditional brilliance of the Maratha rulers is a memorable experience for all those tourists who have gone on this Deccan Odyssey Train route as it unfolds across the length of the Konkan area of India. The experiences that people have by paying up the Deccan Odyssey Train tariff, it is more than worthy of the money as the beauty is priceless and memories are everlasting.