Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Nilgiri Mountain Railway
The Nilgiri Mountain Railway that drives people in a beautiful toy train to the heart of the ‘blue mountains’ to Ooty is a trip that is exquisite. The Nilgiri Mountain Railway tour takes people on an altitude of 2,240 mts, where the Nilgiri Mountain Railway route goes on a ratchet and pinion track starting from Kallar. The Nilgiri Mountain Railway booking gives the tourists a chance to pass through tunnels, curves, ravines and surrounded by vegetations, streams and lush green tea gardens. The Nilgiri Mountain Railway tariff is a getaway to the famous colonial hill station of Ooty and the Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary. The perfect place to be for the wildlife enthusiast, Nilgiri Mountain Railway starts at a cheap Nilgiri Mountain Railway tariff that is worth the money.
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway tariff that people have to pay includes only for the standard class.
- The cost of the Nilgiri Mountain Railway booking for twin sharing for per person is 4950 INR and 3750 INR for triple sharing.
- For children between 5 – 12 years, one has to pay a price of 1950 INR extra when going on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway route.
People can do the Nilgiri Mountain Railway booking by registering one time at the official website of www.railtourism.com/ or at www.irctc.co.in/ and log in to book the particular Nilgiri Mountain Railway tour.
- The payment options for paying up the Nilgiri Mountain Railway tariff is through the ICICI, HDFC credit card certified by mastercard, visa and American express or through the debit cards and ITZ cash cards.
- For cancellation of the Nilgiri Mountain Railway tour, people would be charged a certain amount depending on the number of days prior to departure on which cancellation is done.
- For cancellation of the travel in Nilgiri Mountain Railway, 15 days prior, 100/- per passenger is charged while for cancellation 4 days prior to departure, the total amount of the ticket is charged.
- Ticket cancellation for the Nilgiri Mountain Railway route is possible only at the official site by citing the ticket confirmation number.
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway tour starts of at Chennai and goes via Mettupalayam, Ooty, and back to Chennai through again Mettupalayam thus taking a total of 3 days and 4 nights.
- On day 2, the tourists, board the Nilgiri express train no 12671 at 21.00 hrs at Chennai central and reach Mettupalayam the next morning.
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway booking then requires people to board the Nilgiri passenger train no 662 and reach Ooty where they can enjoy the journey on the world heritage mountain railway arriving at Ooty railway station.
- On this 2nd day, they stay at Ooty, visit Ooty Lake and botanical garden as part of the Nilgiri Mountain Railway tour.
- Day 3 starts with visit to many places, which is because of the Nilgiri Mountain Railway booking which includes film shooting places, Pykara falls, Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary, and finally stay in Ooty hotel.
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway tariff would then include a trip to Doddabetta peak and tea museum and visit to Coonoor where different places are seen on the 4th day after which tourists are taken back to Mettupalayam by road.
- This is where the last part of the Nilgiri Mountain Railway route is undertaken by departing to Chennai by Nilgiri express no 12672 by 1945 hours and reaching Chennai on the early morning of 5th day.
- This Nilgiri Mountain Railway booking includes free accommodation and transport while people have to do other personal things by themselves.
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway train starts every Thursday of the week from the months of January to march.
This trip which people can avail by paying the Nilgiri Mountain Railway tariff is also including a trip in the toy train which is a heritage and the travel to Ooty is one of the best inclusions of the whole trip. The picturesque locations and the exoticness of the forests and the ravines are awe inspiring and breathtaking. The train journey in the Nilgiri Mountain Railway is something that people would want to undertake repeatedly as a single Nilgiri Mountain Railway tour is not sufficient to satisfy the touring senses.