Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Kangra Valley Railway
- In the north, the sensuous hill areas which include the Pathankot-Joginder Nagar makes for the rail approach to the very beautiful Kangra valley of Himachal Pradesh. The Kangra Valley Railway draws tourists as well as nature lovers and besides that, the places are full of religious places for gods and goddesses and many adventure sports. The Kangra Valley Railway route encompasses 164 km from Pathankot to Joginder Nagar in the sub-Himalayan region. The Kangra Valley Railway tour takes the passengers through the maze of hills and valleys and winds through many waterfalls, Dhauladhar being famous among them. Those who make the Kangra Valley Railway booking get to see the scenic beauty of tea gardens of Palampur and the highest point for paragliding at Ahju. Thousands of tourists visit these regions by paying the Kangra Valley Railway tariff, for its myriad spots, activities and natural beauty.
The Kangra Valley Railway tour starts at Pathankot with the facility of Kangra Valley Railway booking for different trains which are spaced evenly for the benefit of the commuters.
- From Pathankot, the trains of Kangra Valley Railway chugs through plate girder bridges along the beautiful sceneries to Nurpur road.
- From there the Kangra Valley Railway route passes through Bharmar, Nandpur Bhitali, Guler, lunsu and Jwalamukhi road.
- After passing through interesting and lush green hills and valleys, the train chugs into Kangra station.
- After that, the Kangra Valley Railway tour takes the passengers through Nagrota, Paror Halt and Palampur stations which are also popular places to be in the months of summer.
- After this phase, the train of Kangra Valley railway crosses the famous Dhauladhar rangers and touches the highest station of Ahju in the way to Joginder Nagar, when the complete tour with the Kangra Valley Railway tariff is completed.
The Kangra Valley Railway booking can be made in two manners.
- In the retail booking system, the normal tariff is to be paid as per the distance from one station to another starting from Pathankot to Joginder Nagar.
- For the special charter booking, the Kangra Valley Railway tariff is 22,206 INR for one way from Pathankot to Joginder Nagar and the Kangra Valley Railway train has 4 coaches with capacity of 18 in each with one SLR.
- This type of Kangra Valley Railway booking provides 3 stops enroute.
The booking Kangra Valley Railway tour for the normal seats in the trains of Kangra Valley Railway route is in the particular railway stations or in the official site of www.irctc.co.in/
- For the special charter booking, the Deputy GM, tourism, IRCTC is to be contacted and the request has to be submitted to him or a mail request should be send to [email protected]
There is so much to see and get enchanted along the Kangra Valley Railway route that people find it difficult to resist a tour in the trains of this region. Most of the Kangra Valley Railway tariff is in toy trains which are not very costly and can be easily taken by local railway station bookings. But the 9 hours journey can be a once in a lifetime experience which many tourists love to undertake as the scenic beauty of the whole Kangra valley is best visualized through the travel in the trains.