Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Railway Tourism
- Bharat Darshan
- Hill Trains In India
- Luxury Train Tours
- Rail Tour Packages
Home > Railway Tourism > Hill Trains In India > Darjeeling Toy Train
Darjeeling Toy Train
- Moving through the spectacular scenes of the Himalayan range, the people who have paid the Darjeeling Toy Train tariff which is quite low get to sit in the comfortable train that moves from Darjeeling to Ghum and back.
- This Darjeeling Toy Train has an appearance of the toy and chugs along with steam engine in a narrow gauge 2 feet track.
- When people reach the station of Ghum along the Darjeeling Toy Train route, they can visit freely the Darjeeling Himalayan railway museum at Ghum.
- It is the scenic beauty of the surrounding that makes a trip in the Darjeeling Toy Train a memory to cherish.
- The travel along the Darjeeling Toy Train route levies a Darjeeling Toy Train tariff of Rs. 360/- per passengers included in which is a free visit to the DHR museum at Ghum.
- When people do their Darjeeling Toy Train booking in the Darjeeling Toy Train, they are supposed to travel in the beautiful and comfortable train to different places.
- There are two different timings for the Darjeeling Toy Train tour, on in the morning and other in the afternoon.
- The start of the Darjeeling Toy Train in the morning hours starts from Darjeeling at 10.40 hrs and reaches at Ghum station at 11.30 hrs where the visit to the DHR museum is allows till 12.00 hours when the train returns on the Darjeeling Toy Train tour to the Darjeeling station at 12.50 hours.
- For the afternoon Darjeeling Toy Train booking at the same Darjeeling Toy Train tariff, the journey starts at 13.20 hours and concludes at 15.30 hours with the same itinerary as in the morning Darjeeling Toy Train tour.
- The best timing for going on the Darjeeling Toy Train along the beautiful locales of the eastern Himalayan railways along the Darjeeling Toy Train route is from December to May with dates of the Darjeeling Toy Train booking from 6.12.2010 to 31.05.2011.
- Those who are interested in moving in the Darjeeling Toy Train can do the Darjeeling Toy Train booking through the www.irctc.co.in/ or through www.railtourismindia.com/ by doing a registration one time.
- After the login, people can pay through credit cards of ICICI, HDFC or American Express cards.
- Another option to book the Darjeeling Toy Train tariff is through the debit cards of different banks with the transaction fees deducted.
- Also payment for the travel along the Darjeeling Toy Train route can be done by the ITZ cash cards or at the authorized IRCTC counters.
- For people who are going in groups, the maximum allowed seats is 6 in the Darjeeling Toy Train.
- For cancellations of the Darjeeling Toy Train tour, there are certain terms and conditions laid down.
- For cancellations before 15 days of departure, Rs. 100/- is charged and for canceling the Darjeeling Toy Train booking less than 4 days before departure, the cancellation charges is 100% of the Darjeeling Toy Train tariff.
- The travel in the Darjeeling Toy Train is a memorable experience, made further unforgettable by the scenic beauty that seems so closely enjoyable while taking the Darjeeling Toy Train tour by the low cost Darjeeling Toy Train tariff. Starting from the children to the adults and elderly, everyone seems to be enjoying the sights at such a height which they take back home as cherished feelings in the heart.