Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Online Travel Agents
- Akbar Travels
- Club Mahindra
- Cox N Kings
- D Pauls Travels
- Kesari Travels
- Look N Book
- Make My Trip
- SOTC India
- Sun City Tours
- Thomas Cook Holidays
Thomas Cook Holidays
Thomas Cook Holidays
Thomas Cook (India) Ltd. is one of the largest comprehensive travel facilitating Organisation in India providing a broad coverage of travel related services that include Foreign Exchange, Corporate Travel, Leisure Travel, and Insurance besides offering very attractive and affordable Tour packages within India and throughout the world. The Company’s Indian operations were launched as early as in 1881, now celebrating its 131 years of world-class service in India.
Thomas Cook (India) attends to the areas of business, which cover Leisure travel, MICE, Corporate Travel management, Foreign Exchange, E-business, etc., TCIL Website having exclusive pages for Holiday Abroad, India Holidays, Foreign Exchange, Flights, Hotels, Insurance, Visa & Passport, and Cruise Holidays.
Thomas Cook Holidays History
The young Thomas Cook started the parent company with his own name in 1841 in the form of arranging a 11-mile train journey for a motley group of passengers from Leicester to Loughborough which marks the beginning of this large travel empire, which over a period of time brought the world a whole new concept of leisure and business travel.
It was in the year1881 that Thomas Cook started its India operations, setting its first office at Mumbai. The Company was then called Thomas Cook Overseas Ltd and later on 21st October 1978, its name was changed to Thomas Cook (India) Ltd. It became a public limited company in February 1983. During the year 2000, the Group started its operations in Mauritius, later acquiring the Sri Lanka business from their counterparts Thomas Cook Overseas Ltd, UK. In the year 2006, Thomas Cook (India) Limited acquired two other companies LKP Forex Limited and Travel Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd. (TCI).
TCIL is now operating in more than 78 cities covering 206 locations, which include 25 airport counters.
Thomas Cook Holidays Awards
Thomas Cook Holidays have bagged a number of awards and recognitions which include the following:
- Travel Corporation (India) Ltd (TCI), TCIL’s 100% subsidiary was placed the third position for ‘Outstanding Performance’ for its achievement as the ‘Inbound Tour Operator Category-I’ in the National Tourism Awards 2010-1011.
- Thomas Cook bagged the prestigious award of “Favourite Specialist Tour Operator" at the Condé Nast Traveller Readers' Travel Awards 2011
- TCIL was conferred with the CNBC AWAAZ - “ Best company providing foreign exchange” in India for the third year in succession.
- Thomas Cook (India) Ltd was awarded the ‘Most Trusted Tour Operator Brand’ by the Times Travel Honours 2011.
- Thomas Cook was recognized as a “Superbrand” 2011-2012 by the consumers for excellence in travel services.
- Thomas Cook (India) Limited retained its ‘CRISIL A1+ and AA- rating of CRISIL for their highest degree of safety regarding timely payment of financial obligations.