Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse India Festival Tours
Puri Rath Yatra Tour
Considered as the most pious of the festivals in odisha, the puri rath yatra history is replete with the tales of the mighty lord Vishnu and in reverence to lord jagannath, another form of lord Vishnu the puri rath yatra celebrations are done. For the tourists coming on the puri rath yatra tour, the experience of the puri jagannath rath yatra is like a dream come true with all the chants and visuals of the lord, taking the devotees to another world. The mere sight of millions of people packed in the road leading to the temple during the puri rath yatra in India is in itself is awe inspiring.
History And Significance :
- The rituals of puri jagannath rath yatra is said to be related to the lord himself wherein his actions are like the common man.
- During the puri rath yatra tour, the devotees can see the large chariots of size more than 14 mts in height of lord jagannath, his elder brother lord balabhadra and sister subhadra, being drawn through the road to the house of queen gundicha.
- Enroute, they stop at the mausima mandir and take podapitha and then stay in the gundicha mandir for a period of 8 days after which in another equally important procession, they return to their abode in jagannath temple.
- The puri rath yatra celebrations start much before the actual day of yatra where the lord has a period where they play and take bath, falling ill and then recuperating.
- According to the traditional puri rath yatra history, the day of the yatra is the second day of the waxing cycle of moon on the 3rd lunar month.
- People associate the puri rath yatra in India with the passage of darkness and welcoming of the light.
- So pious and sacred is the puri jagannath rath yatra for the people that they are ready to face immense hot weather and adverse conditions of jostling and pushing in the crowd to have a glimpse of the lord and put a hand on the large ropes that pull the chariots.
- Getting a live glimpse of the lord is something that is worth waiting for by the devotees.
Food And Cuisine :
- Although the day to day life of people in this holy city of puri revolves around the jagannath temple, yet the feel of the devotion is at the peak during the puri rath yatra tour.
- The pulse of such devotion can be felt during the puri rath yatra in India when people from far and wide visit the sacred earth of puri.
- The most famous food items that are consumed by the devotees in the land of jagannath is the Prasad of the temple that is prepared daily and comprises of tasty rice, pulses, and a dish made of vegetables which people say tastes heavenly.
- Lakhs of devotees are seen to get this Prasad which is also known as abhada.
- Besides, there are many sweet dishes prepared and offered to the gods of which the ‘gaja’ is the most famous.
- These are also bought by the people coming on puri rath yatra tour and distributed with much love and affection among family members and friends.
- During the puri jagannath rath yatra, various hotels and restaurants serve food items which can be satisfying for people from any part of the country.
Regional Significance :
- The puri rath yatra in India is a global festival and not limited to puri only.
- The chariots and the replicas of the gods are prepared in many parts of the country as well as in many countries outside India by people who are devotees of lord jagannath.
- And then they take out the procession puri rath yatra celebrations in the same quality of pomp and splendor, although in a smaller scale.
- Different states of India with populations of odia also celebrate the puri rath yatra history in the above format.
- But in puri, the puri rath yatra celebrations are not only in a large scale but in the most grandest of manner.
Activities And Terms :
- Local people and devotees from far off lands take part in the puri rath yatra celebrations by chanting prayers in the glory of the gods.
- They pull the huge chariots and play various instruments and gongs as the chariots are pulled during the puri rath yatra in India.
- There are also local pala dance and regional folk dance form presented when the chariots are being pulled.
- The chanting of mantras and various terms related to lord jagannath is a common feature by the sevayats and pandas who are responsible for offering prayers and rituals to the gods.
- The chera pahnra is the work done by the local king where he sweeps the floor of the chariot before the lord sits.
- Such customs that are related to the puri rath yatra history are performed and go on to show that the lord jagannath is above all people but still their saviour.
Tour Operators :
- Puri jagannath rath yatra is one of the most gloriously celebrated occasions in odisha and is well known globally and surely enough, there are many puri rath yatra tour packages that are provided by the travel operators for the benefit of the common man.
- Travel chacha has few packages of different durations that allow the tourists to visit the puri rath yatra in India during the festival.
- Indoasia tours in delhi, provides a number of packages for the puri jagannath rath yatra for the tourists to come and visit especially during this occasion.
- The charms of the puri rath yatra history can be completely enjoyed by the devotees through the Pradakshina tours.
- Toshali sand resorts are well known all over India for the customized packages they offer for devotees to visit the land of puri during the puri rath yatra celebrations.
- Indian holiday pvt ltd has a number of packages for the puri rath yatra tour which allows the tourists to visit the holy land during the puri rath yatra celebrations.
With the high demand of the puri rath yatra tour, the packages that are offered to the people comprises of a tour to the eastern land of odisha wherein the tourists can also take part in the puri rath yatra celebrations as well as see many other sightseeing places. The pureness of the celebrations during the puri jagannath rath yatra and the sheer devotional atmosphere is something that the pilgrims to the puri rath yatra celebrations can cherish for the rest of their lives. Puri rath yatra in India is one of those few celebrations which have attained a global proportion and is a tourist attraction of immense importance.