Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse India Festival Tours
Goa Carnival Tour
As if the sun, sand and sea were not enough for the tourists, the goa carnival tour is supposed to add to the glamour of this much accosted tourist destination in India. Although goa carnival history is not related to mythology, yet there is a feel of aura that the goa carnival in India is associated with. Goa carnival celebrations are a reflection of the fun filled atmosphere that goa so rightly represents.
History And Origin :
- The goa carnival history dates back to the 18th century period when the Portuguese ruled the area and had a strong influence of the roman and greek cultures.
- It was a tradition of these cultures that goa carnival in India got its popularity.
- The legendary king momo, who is nominated to flag off the goa carnival celebrations is the one that makes the things happen in the traditional manner by starting the carnival.
- According to the goa carnival history, the three days of goa carnival celebrations mark the beginning of the period of lent during which the meat is not touched.
- The goa carnival tour shows people that the parade had origin in the hedonistic feasts of the erstwhile rome and Greece.
- And very interestingly, these had percolated the cultural scenes of Spanish and Portuguese colonies.
- The goa carnival in India is, in accordance to the ancient lineage, well known for the singing, dancing, drinking and merry making.
- It is during the goa carnival celebrations that the whole of goa comes alive with the increased influx of tourists and revelers.
- People from far and wide come to enjoy the merry making season in the goa carnival in India.
- Very aptly, the goa carnival tour is provided by the various travel agencies so that people can be in goa at the right time for the party parade.
- All over the world, goa is famous for its beaches, wine and the natural landscapes besides the architectural beauty it has.
- But the goa carnival history and the present celebrations add to the flavor of the trip that tourists can take during the exact time of goa carnival celebrations.
Time And Season :
- The goa carnival tour should be taken up during the months of February and March when the parade takes place.
- In the year 2011, it was from 5th march to 8th march during which there was a heavy attendance of tourists to see the goa carnival in India.
Regional Significance :
- The goa carnival in India is specific for the region of goa only.
- One cannot find the goa carnival celebrations in other parts of the country and therefore makes it a special one for the tourists taking up the goa carnival tour due to which the packages have to taken up at the right time.
- Along with the goa carnival history and its significance, tourists can also simultaneously experience the rich natural beauty of the dream land of goa.
Food And Recipes :
- The goa carnival tour would be the ultimate occasion for the party. Finding such an atmosphere during some other time is almost not possible as food and wine are abundantly available.
- Although, there is no particular cuisine during the occasion, yet the large number of places where the usual food items are found is something to make the occasion special.
- There are a large numbers of vendors who sell the various delicacies and various restaurants and bars serve the best wine and beer.
- Being a seaside location, goa, in general is well known for the seafoods that can be prepared in a number of ways.
- Portuguese culture and history is also reflected in the preparation of the foods even during the goa carnival celebrations.
Activities And Terms :
- The flagging off, of the goa carnival in India is done by the legendary king momo, one who is officially assigned for the purpose.
- The surroundings come alive with the wide range of activities that are done and seen by the tourists during the goa carnival tour.
- The chief attraction of the goa carnival in India is the colorful dress that the people in the carnival parade wear and move in the streets.
- Those who are interested in being a part of the carnival should reach panaji, the capital of goa, as this is the place where the carnival is celebrated in the most exotic manner.
- The most exotic dressings can be seen during this period while dancers are attired in apparel which resembles the brazilian samba dancers.
- In the parade itself, a lot of food items and wine is distributed for the onlookers who can also participate in the dances.
- There is an almost mardi-gras inspired procession which culminates in the 3rd night of revelry in a red and black dance by the Club Nacionale.
- People can also take part in various other activities besides moving in the beaches and soaking in the sun on the sands.
- The convoy of decorated chariots invites the onlookers to participate in the fun filled activities.
- There are roadside plays, fancy dress contests, and many dramas in various theatres, masquerades, and grand feasts, providing every opportunity to the tourists to enjoy to their fullest.
- The word carnival comes from the term Carnaval from the Portuguese which means to throw away meat which is done after the parade.
Tour Providers :
- This goa carnival in India is the best attraction that adds to the already well known beaches and resorts in goa.
- To take a piece of the action, the goa carnival tour can be taken up during the particular period from the various travel agencies.
- Savion travel services pvt ltd, provides the goa carnival packages for a period of 7 days and 8 nights and other packages wherein the tourists can start from Mumbai and finally reach goa to soak in the fervor of the goa carnival celebrations.
- Indian holiday pvt ltd also provides packages to the tourists for few days duration during this period to savor the essence of the goa carnival history.
- The caper travel company pvt ltd has many tour packages to goa carnival in India that can give the best times of their life to the tourists.
- Gill international travel is a tour provider that has customized goa carnival tour for the interested tourists so that the best of goa can be seen during the trip.
Many occasions might come up to visit goa and its beauty, but none could compare with the goa carnival tour that allows the tourists to bask in the glorious goa carnival celebrations that are found in only this part of the world. Many tourists have come and gone after feeling the fun and merry of the goa carnival in India but the memory has remained unforgettable. The perfect combination of the beaches and beautiful landscapes becoming the backdrop of the carnival set up is sure to titillate the traveling enthusiasm of the tourists when the indulge themselves in the heritage of the goa carnival history.