Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Panchgani is a small town located in Satara district of Maharashtra in India. Panchgani is famous for the captivating view of the evergreen forests and sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on it. The scenic beauty of this town and the Panchgani weather makes it a must visit summer retreat and a weekend getaway. Panchgani hotels and Panchgani resorts offer beautiful view of the Sahyadri ranges and Panchgani tourism has done a commendable job in retaining and preserving the natural beauty of the region.
Panchgani Tourism location and Panchgani Weather
Panchgani is located in Satara district of Maharashtra in India. The town has taken the name from the five hills around it. Panchgani at a height of of 1334 meters gives a panoramic view of its surrounding from such elevation. The road to Panchgani from Mahabaleshwar is breathtaking and gives heart rendering sight of the lavish flow of the river Krishna on one side and the coastal plains on the other. Panchgani hotels and Panchgani resorts provide an excellent holiday experience to tourists who come for Panchgani Sightseeing.
Panchgani weather is best in the summers and winters. During winters Panchgani weather has an average temperature of around 16 Degree Centigrade. Panchgani tourism suggests September to May as the best time to visit for Panchgani sightseeing.
Means of Transportation
Pune Railway station is about 100 Kilometers away from Panchgani is the nearest railway station.
Panchgani is well connected to nearby cities. Panchgani Tourism buses or Luxury Buses from Pune have daily services on this route.
Pune 100 kilometers from Panchgani is the nearest airport.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Panchgani:
Panchgani has many Peaks, Waterfalls, and Temples etc. for tourists who come for Panchgani Sightseeing
The main places of interest while Panchgani Sightseeing is:
- Sydney Point is located on a small hill which is facing the Krishna Valley, a great point to view the clear waters of Dhom Dam.
- Table Land is situated at a height of around 60 meters and is a huge piece of laterite rock where caves are seen.
- Devil's Kitchen is towards the southern part of tableland and is a place of historical interest as according to our vedas it is beleved that Pandavas had stayed in this palce and used it as their kitchen.
- Dhom Dam is a great place for water sports. Some of the water sports which people can enjoy are scooter boats and Speed boats.
- Panchgani resorts are a great place to go as they are located between the beauty of nature which is the love of mankind.
- Famous food joints for food lovers
Panchgani Hotels and a number of cafes offer a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are
- Rustom Strawberry Inn offers a wide variety of good food and specializes in Non-Vegetarian items.
- Rain Forest Restaurant is famous for good food.
- Hilltop Ice Cream is an ice cream parlor with great view.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
- Luxury Panchgani hotels-
- Hotel Millennium Park
- Hotel Comfort Inn
- Budget Panchgani hotels-
- Hotel Ravine
- Hotel Prospect
- Hotel Sunny International
- Names of Panchgani Resorts
- Panchgani Health Resort
- Blue Country Resort
- Panchgani tourist office address in the area is
Nashik Paryatan Bhavan, Govt. Guest House Premises,
Near Gold Club Ground, Nashik-422 002.
Tel: (0253) 2570 059
Panchgani hospitals are Bel Air Hospital and Dolcit hospital. The banks at Pachgani are IDBI Bank and Bank of Maharashtra.