Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Mahabaleshwar is a small town located in Satara district of Maharashtra in India. Mahabaleshwar is famous for the captivating view of the evergreen forests and sheer beauty that nature has bestowed to make it an important tourist destination in India.The scenic beauty of this town and the Mahabaleshwar weather makes it a must visit summer retreat and a weekend getaway. Mahabaleshwar hotels and Mahabaleshwar resorts offer beautiful view of the Sahyadri ranges. Mahabaleshwar is a famous because of religious significance as well as because of its beauty. Mahabaleshwar tourism has done a commendable job in retaining and preserving the natural beauty of the region.
Geographical location And Weather
Mahabaleshwar is located in Satara district of Maharashtra in India. Located at an altitude of 1438 meters in the Western Ghats, Mahabaleshwar is one of the highest hill stations in western India. Moderate Mahabaleshwar weather during summers and the various waterfalls, ridges and diverse flora and fauna is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over India. Mahabaleshwar hotels and Mahabaleshwar resorts provide an excellent holiday experience to tourists who come for Mahabaleshwar Sightseeing.
Mahabaleshwar weather is best in the summers and winters. During winters Mahabaleshwar weather ranges 5-24 Degree Centigrade. Mahabaleshwar tourism suggests October to May as the best time to visit for Mahabaleshwar sightseeing and June to September as good season for short trips.
Means Of Transportation
• Wathar which is about 60 Kilometers away from Mahabaleshwar is the nearest railhead. Most people prefer Pune which is about 120 Kilometers and various means of transport to Mahabaleshwar are easily available from Pune.
• Mahabaleshwar is well connected to nearby cities. Mahabaleshwar Tourism buses or Luxury Buses from Pune have daily services on this route.
• Pune 120 kilometers from Mahabaleshwar is the nearest airport.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Mahabaleshwar:
Mahabaleshwar has many Peaks, Waterfalls, and Temples etc. for tourists who come for Mahabaleshwar Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Mahabaleshwar Sightseeing Is:
• Mahabaleshwar temple is a beautifully built temple and is an important place of worship.
• Wilson Point at an altitude of 4710 feet above sea level is a famous sunrise and sunset point.
• Arthur’s Seat gives a wonderful view of the valley.
• Connaught Peak, Marjorie Point, Castle Rock, Panchaganga Mandir etc are various other attractions in Mahabaleshwar.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Mahabaleshwar Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Sher-E-Punjab offers a wide variety of good food and specializes in Non-Vegetarian items.
2. Aman Restaurant is famous for good food and Kebabs.
3. Hirakani Restaurant is famous amongst locals and tourist for affordable and mouthwatering food.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Mahabaleshwar Hotels-
1. Fountain Hotel
2. Hotel Dreamland
3. Hotel Suncity
Budget Mahabaleshwar hotels-
1. Hotel Mayfair
2. Hotel Honey Wood
3. Hotel Sunny International
Names Of Mahabaleshwar Resorts
1. Valley View Resorts
2. Swiss County resort