Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Khandala is a town in the Pune district. The captivating looks of the town and Khandala Weather makes it an ideal location or getaway place. Khandala Hotels and Khandala Resorts offer the needed break which people for an exotic holiday location. Khandala tourisms experiences a boom the entire year with most people from Mumbai and also from tourists from town close by like to visit it for their holidays.
Khandala Tourisms location and Khandala Weather
Khandala falls in the western part of the state. It is set at a height of 625 meters on the western slopes of the Sahyadri mountain range 101 kilometers from Mumbai. The moderate Khandala weather during the summer season and the monsoon weather why tourists like to come down to this location . Khandala hotels and Khandala resorts provide a beautiful sight of the Sahyadri ranges to people who visit Khandala for Sightseeing.
The best suitable time to visit for Khandala Sightseeing and experience Khandala Weather is between the months of October and May. Avoid monsoon season.
Khandala Tourisms and Modes of Transport
Lonavla Railways is in the midst of the Mumbai to Pune Railway lines. Lonavla is connected to all big cities.
Khandala is in the midst of the Mumbai to Pune location. Buses on a daily basis travel from Mumbai to Pune on this road.
Pune is 69 kilometers from Khandala. To travel by air one needs to go to Pune.
Khandala Sightseeing and Places to go to:
Khandala has many lakes,gardens and dams are great spots for Khandala Sightseeing
The main places to visit for while Khandala Sightseeing is:
- One of the spots is Rajmachi Point which is near the valley and the Shivaji fort.
- Khandala offers several excursion options. The tourists prefer to visit Tugauli Lake, Lonavla Lake, Bhushi Lake and the Walvan Dam near Khandala.
- Karla Caves are the ancient Buddhist caves that have been in existence since 160 BC and are supposed to be the biggest among the "Chaitya Caves". State Transport buses from Lonavla are available to reach the caves.
- Bushy Dam is another places which can be interesting for tourists.
Famous eating places for foodies
Khandala Hotels offer many kinds of North Indian for tourists. There are a number of restaurants which offer many kinds of delicacies.
A Few Known Restaurants are:
- Kamat is high on the variety of food which has many people coming to them.
- Gujarati cuisine can be tasted at Purohil.
- Farmer Kitchen is a good multi cuisine restaurant.
Peanut Brittle is a specialty of Khandala and many shops sell a many kinds of this toffee which is a specialty of Khandala with out of the world flavors of Jams, Syrups, Jelly and Sev is another local delicacy .
Khandala Hotels and Khandala resorts of Your Choice
- Luxury Khandala hotels-
- Hotel Chandralok
- Hotel Fariyas
- Budget Khandala hotels-
- Hotel Lion Den
- Hotel Dreamland
- Names of Khandala Resorts
- Mount View Resort
- The tourism office and its numbers are MTDC Karla
Tel: 02114 282230, 282064
Tel: 022- 22026713, 22027762
The nearest hospital in the area is Saoji hospital, Yashwant clinic. The banks available in the area is Syndicate bank, ICICI Bank and State Bank Of India.