Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Wagamon is a hill station located in Kottayam-Idukki border of Kerala, India. The hill station is situated 1,100 meters above sea level. The city has cool temperature, lush greenery, varied flora and fauna. The pleasant Wagamon weather and loads of natural beauty around add to the scenic beauty of this town. Wagamon hotels and Wagamon resorts provide a relaxed experience where tourist can refresh there mind, body and soul.
Geographical location And Weather
Wagamon is about 64 km from Kottayam and 65km from Idukki in Kerala and is a famous trekker's paradise. It has emerged over time as a tourist hot spot surrounded by the greenery of tea gardens, beautiful meadows and valleys that provide visitors a unique experience and a relaxed environment.
Wagamon is a perfect holiday retreat which has everything needed to enjoy from gentle hills to valleys, waterfalls and green slopes. The natural beauty and Wagamon weather attracts many tourists from all over India. The town experiences cold winters and summers are pleasant with a maximum temperature of around 28°C. Rainfall in this region is heavy. Wagamon Hotels and Wagamon Resorts provide an excellent view of the region to tourists who come for Wagamon Sightseeing.
Wagamon weather is pleasant throughout the year. Wagamon tourism suggests tourist can visit any time for Wagamon sightseeing except for monsoon season which lasts from June till August.
Means of Transportation
- Wagamon is well connected by road. Private Taxis or Wagamon Tourism buses are easily available from Thodupuzha, Kottayam and Palai.
- Nearest railway head is Kottayam, 65 kilometers from Wagamon. Taxis are easily available to Wagamon from this junction.
- Nearest Airport is Cochin and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Wagamon:
Wagamon has many beautiful plantations and places of Natural Beauty for tourists who come for Wagamon Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Wagamon Sightseeing Is:
- One of the prime attractions of the tourist visiting Wagamon is its famous Kurisumala Ashram located in the heart of the Sahyadri Mountains. Kurisumala is also known for milk and honey it produces, the means by which the monks make their livelihood.
- Thangalpara is a popular Muslim pilgrimage destination on the Thangalpara hill; it is believed that the Mausoleum of Sheik Fariduddin stands here.
- Teekoy is a small village located on the hills of Wagamon and has a waterfall of its own, Marmala waterfalls. Teekoy is also famous for its trekking routes and Ayyampara is one of the favorite spots of tourists in Teekoy where there is always a pleasant breeze in the evenings.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Wagamon has many major restaurants apart from the small hotels in the town. The best know are:
- SAJ Wagamon Hide out restaurant that offers delicious but expensive food.
- Tamarind Peermedu is a restaurant offering authentic local cuisine.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Wagamon hotels-
- Vanilla County
- SAJ Heritage
Budget Wagamon hotels-
Names of Wagamon Resorts
1. Annanya Hill Resorts
The tourism office located in the area is Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala,
Park View, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - 695 033
Phone: +91-471-2321132 Fax: +91-471-2322279.
The hospitals located in the area are Paret Mar Ivanios Hospital, Mercy Nursing Home, Matha Hospital. The banks loacted in the area are Axis Bank and SBI