Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Vellarimala or Camel's Hump Mountains are a part the Western Ghats, in Kerala India. The mountain is about 1930 meter above sea level and the scenic beauty from atop along with pleasant Vellarimala Weather is what makes it a must visit tourist destination in Kerala. Vellarimala? unique geographical position, gorgeous waterfalls, thick forests, unique flora has made it a great trekking destination. About 6 km by foot from Muthappanpuzha is Olichuchattam a waterfall which makes the region look like a South American rainforest.
Vellarimala Tourism Location and Vellarimala Weather
Vellarimala or Camel's Hump Mountains are a part the Western Ghats. Most of the hill range falls in the Meppady Forest Range of South Wayanad Division, with some parts falling in the Thamarassery Range of Kozhikode Division. They are semi-contiguous with Nilgiri Hills in Tamilnadu and are separated by the Chaliyar Valley. The hill ranges are accessible by foot from Muthappanpuzha, near Anakkampoyil, a small town about 50 km from Kozhikode. Vellarimala hotels and Vellarimala resorts provide an excellent view and holiday experience to tourists who come for Vellarimala Sightseeing and relaxing.
Vellarimala weather is pleasant throughout the year, however the region receives heavy rainfall during June to October and thus Vellarimala tourism suggests December to April as the best time to visit for Vellarimala sightseeing. Vellarimala weather attracts a lot of tourists in this area.
Vellarimala tourism and Means of Transportation
- ·Kozhikode railway station is the nearest railway station.
- ·Vellarimala is well connected to nearby cities. Vellarimala Tourism buses or Luxury Buses from Chennai, Mangalore, Bangalore and Kozhikode have daily services on this route.
- ·Kozhikode is the nearest airport to Vellarimala.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Vellarimala:
Vellarimala has many Peaks and Waterfalls for tourists who come for Vellarimala Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Vellarimala Sightseeing Is:
- ·Thusharagiri Waterfalls are breathtakingly beautiful and are must visit while on Vellarimala Sightseeing.
- ·The Chembra Peak at a height of 2100 meters holds the honor of being the highest point in Wayanad. The peak is a part of Western Ghats and before approaching the peak through a trek, it is necessary to obtain permission from Forest Office at Meppady. Trekkers can get guides and equipment from the District Tourism Promotion Council office.
- ·Sojjipara waterfalls form a spectacular attraction near Meppady. These falls cascade from a height of 100 to 300 feet and lead to the formation of a pool which feeds into the mouth of Chaliyar River. Many Vellarimala resorts are made in the lap of nature for the tourists to enjoy the scenic beauty of the place.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
There are not too many Vellarimala Hotels. A well known restaurant is Greenland Restaurant which offers a wide variety of good food and other items.
Vellarimala Hotels and Vellarimala resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Vellarimala hotels-
1Hotel Hyson Heritage
Budget Vellarimala hotels-
1 Hotel Sea Queen, Kozhikode
Names of Vellarimala Resorts
1. The Renaissance Kappad Beach Resort, Kozhikode
Vimala Hospital, Nellipoyil Vimala Hospital, are some of the hospitals located in the area. The nearest banks are located at Thiruvananthapuram and a few names are Bank Of India, Indian Overseas Bank etc, The tourism office located in the area are Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala,
Park View, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - 695 033
Phone: +91-471-2321132 Fax: +91-471-2322279.