Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Palakkad is a municipality and a city in the state of Kerala in southern India, situated about 350 kilometers from the state capital Thiruvananthapuram. The excellent weather conditions with its pleasant Palakkad weather and a tranquilizing aroma of spices makes the place ideal for sightseeing. It is also known as the Gateway of Kerala and its other name Palghat was contributed by British Raj. It's known to be rich in flora and fauna and is a land of palm trees and paddy fields. Palakkad hotels and Palakkad resorts provide a relaxed vacation experience and help tourist enjoy the scenic beauty of the town and Palakkad Sightseeing.
Palakkad Tourism Location and Palakkad Weather:
Palakkad is a municipality and a city in the Indian state of Kerala. Palakkad lies near the Palghat Gap which is a natural depression through the Western Ghats ranges that run parallel to the west coast of India. The ranges connect Kerala to the plains of the state of Tamilnadu to the east. The natural beauty and Palakkad weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe. Palakkad Hotels and Palakkad Resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Palakkad Sightseeing.
Palakkad weather is pleasant throughout the year. Palakkad tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps changing throughout the year, August to May is the suggested tourist season however during monsoon the beauty of the region with various streams and waterfalls add to the glory of Palakkad sightseeing.
Palakkad tourism Means of Transportation
- ·Palakkad is well connected by roads through National Highway 47 from Salem to Kanyakumari and the Palakkad – Kozhikode National Highway 213 passes through the district.
- ·The Palakkad – Ponnani road connects NH 47 and NH 17.
- ·There are two railway stations in Palakkad
- ·Nearest Airport is Coimbatore Airport 45 kilometer from Palakkad.
Palakkad tourism Sightseeing and Things to Do :
Palakkad has many beautiful plantations and places of Natural Beauty for tourists who come for Palakkad Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Palakkad Sightseeing Is:
- ·Palakkad Fort is a fort dating from 1766, built by Hyder Ali of Mysore. This well-preserved fort is also known as Tipu's Fort.
- ·Malampuzha Dam is a large irrigation dam built on the river Bharathapuzha at the base of the hills of the Western Ghats. The dam also has an amusement park for children with boating facilities on the reservoir and is an important centre of interest for tourists.
- ·Jain Temple of Jainimedu is situated on the western border of Palakkad town. This is a historic Jain Temple and one of the few places in Kerala where vestiges of Jainism have survived without substantial damage
- ·Dhoni Waterfalls are a gift of nature to the district. The beauty of the waterfall with green forest, rocks, shallow water makes this place worth visiting. Dhoni waterfall is in the Western Ghats 15 km from the Palakkad Town bus stand and 9 km from the Palakkad Junction railway station. There is a beautiful temple near the mountain valley and legend says that it was built by the Goddess for Shiva Bhagwan. There are many Palakkad resorts located around the region.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Palakkad has many restaurants apart from the small hotels in the town that provide all kinds of food and few of them are K.R Bakes, Food Fort, and Hotel Noorjahan etc.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Palakkad hotels-
2 Hotel Gazala
Budget Palakkad hotels-
Names of Palakkad Resorts
1. Kalari Kovilakam Resort
2. Kairali ayurvedic Health Resort
Tourism Office located in the area
Nearest hospital to Palakkad are 24, Mother Hosephiinr zMemmorial Hospital Malampuzha, Palakkad, 815160. 14, Malampuzha. 25, Alma Hospital, Kodathipady, Mannarkkad, 423036