Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Ooty or Udagamandalam is the district capital of the Niligiri’s district in Tamil Nadu. The charming Kurunji flowers which blossom every 12 years, Nilgiri mountains, dense forest and lush green tea estates add to the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Ooty. The scenic beauty of this town and the Ooty weather makes it a paradise on earth. Ooty hotels and Ooty resorts provide a relaxed vacation experience.
Geographical Location And Weather
Ooty or Udagamandalam is the district capital of the Niligiri’s district in Tamil Nadu and is located at an altitude of about 2286 meters. The natural beauty and Ooty weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe. Ooty hotels and Ooty resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Ooty Sightseeing.
Ooty weather is pleasant throughout the year. During summers season which is during March to May Ooty has an average temperature in the range 15°C to 20°C. During winters Ooty weather ranges 4-15 degree centigrade. Ooty tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps changing throughout the year and thus all months is best time to visit for Ooty sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• Ooty is well connected by road and is approximately 535 km from Chennai, 89 km from Coimbatore, 18 km from Coonoor
• Private Taxis or Ooty Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
• The nearest railway station is at Mettupalayam 46 kms from Ooty. One of the major railway junction is Coimbatore. Mettupalayam is connected to Ooty by a Mountain Railway which is breathtaking 4 hrs. journey through lush forest.
• Nearest Airport is Coimbatore which is 100 Kilometers from Ooty and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Ooty:
Ooty has many beautiful gardens and places of worship for tourists who come for Ooty Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Ooty Sightseeing Is:
• Government Botanical Garden is a beautiful and well maintained garden by Ooty Tourism and Tamilnadu Horticulture department home to diverse range of trees, flowers etc.
• Doddabetta is breathtakingly beautiful and is the highest peak in Nilgiri’s.
• Mukkurthi Peak and National Park has innumerable beautiful and perennial little streams, which fall into Bhavani Puzha and the view is simply amazing.
• Mini Garden has a children’s amusement park and various eateries.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Ooty Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Tandoori Mahal as the name suggests offers a wide variety of good Mughlai food.
2. Wang’s Kitchen has excellent Chinese food.
3. Sidewalk Café is a popular fast food joint.
4. Sullivan Court Hotel has a buffet lunch every Sunday which affordable.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Ooty Hotels-
1 Taj Savoy
2 Hotel Palve Sugavasam
3. Hotel Taj Garden retreat
Budget Ooty hotels-
1 Hotel The Willow Hill
2 Hotel Lake View
3 Hotels Sunshine
Names of Ooty Resorts
1. Kurumba Village Resort
2. Hill Country resort